Scioto River - Kayak Trip / Canoe Trip
Day Trip Report
July 5, 2011
After work kayak trip, Scioto River from SR-762 to US-22 in Circleville, OH.
16 miles, 4 hrs and 22 min.
It was a nice afternoon and evening, the river was lazy and slow, we had to paddle hard to make it to the takeout before dark. The scenery was beautiful, some of the wildlife included 4 Bald Eagles, 2 Bucks with velvet antlers, 2 Fawns with spots, countless Great Blue Herrings, diving ducks and many other birds and critters.
We both have fishing kayaks which are slow, but we were able to hit a max speed of 8.5 mph. Anyway, arms and shoulders are a little sore today.
Created by My Tracks on Android.
- Total Distance: 25.36 km (15.8 mi)
- Total Time: 4:22:19
- Moving Time: 4:10:55
- Average Speed: 5.80 km/h (3.6 mi/h)
- Average Moving Speed: 6.06 km/h (3.8 mi/h)
- Max Speed: 13.62 km/h (8.5 mi/h)
- Min Elevation: 148 m (484 ft)
- Max Elevation: 181 m (593 ft)
- Elevation Gain: 410 m (1344 ft)
- Max Grade: 27 %
- Min Grade: -100 %
- Recorded: Tue Jul 05 15:48:31 EDT 2011
- Activity type: - Kayak
Parking lot at both ends, with drive in access to the river.
No fees or permits required
Put-in, West of US-23 on 762, about 3 miles North of South Bloomfield.
Take-out, West of US-23 on US-22, in Circleville, OH
Great Products from the Buyers' Guide:
FREE SHIPPING on all canoes until May 14
See Paddling.net for great reviews