Product Reviews > Kayaks > Sun > Swell Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Swell Kayak by Sun

06-12-2002

This is a great little sit-on-top. I would recommend it if you are looking for a sit-on-top that can do more than surf waves. I don't often go to the ocean, but I live near the Delaware and Lehigh rivers which include some rough waters. We also have an 8 mile lake nearby. This one can handle them all. It goes through waves like they don't exist. I've been used to a keowee tandem, a pungo and a critter. When I first used the swell, I was not very impressed. It takes a lot more expertise to keep it on track. Since I had bought it, I was determined to keep using it. Once your skills get better, you won't want to use the others. I canoed for years, so the basic instinct was there, it just took practice. The Swell will almost turn by itself when you shift your weight just minutely. Now I can keep it on track, even with power strokes, if I'm in a hurry. If you want to have some fun, give it a chance. It's more than just a ride.