Product Reviews > Kayaks > Northwest Kayaks, Inc. > Synergy RM Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Synergy RM Kayak by Northwest Kayaks, Inc.

Rated: 8.33/10 Based On: 3 Reviews

01-30-2003

All the hatch covers leak around the fittings. I tried a kevlar Synergy and it also leaked at the hatch fittings. I would call it a great design with lousy worksmanship.

10-17-2002

I'm 220 and love how the boat sits in the water and handles. My kayak instructor tried it and said it was the best intermediate boat she'd been in. Every one who has tried it loves it. One bad point: foam bulkheads that dry and split in hot weather- a definite safety issue. At present all my bulkheads leak.

06-03-2002
Submitted by: MuffySend Email

This boat paddles beautifully! Good acceleration - it takes off on the first paddle stroke. It tracks like an arrow and the hard chine carves a good fast turn when you lean. The rudder system is easy to use, but you generally won't need to unless you come upon some weather. The footbraces are comfortable and smooth. Comfy seat too. Nice design, nice appointments, really nice boat. So, why am I not buying it? NW Kayaks claims a 325LB capacity. Well, I don't way nearly that much, and I had the boat down on it's rub rails. I think that paddlers under 200 LBs will love this boat.