Product Reviews > Kayaks > Easy Rider > Dolphin Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Dolphin Kayak by Easy Rider

Rated: 9.25/10 Based On: 4 Reviews

04-19-2010
Submitted by: KurleySend Email

I have the "Dolphin" and love it. I actually bought this kayak just because I had never heard of it. I have paddled it for four years now and love it, can't say enough good about it. I am 6-2 and weigh 240lbs, typ. I carry about 105 lbs of camping gear. It handles wonderfully, that is about the max weight. It is not as classy as some of the other kayaks on the market but don't race one. Have to give it a 10 after 4 years of paddling it. By the way, as a hobby I paddle every kayak I can get into, I've seen a lot of kayaks, this one is still in the top ten, AND I can afford to buy it.

01-15-2007
Submitted by: phil winterSend Email

I have two Easy Rider kayaks, one Dolphin and one Sea Hawk. Both boats are over 18 years old and have been taken to Canada at least once each year and have been paddled hard. These boats have held up well and are my "gold standard" to compare other hard-shelled boats. I would recommend them to anyone.

07-01-2002
Submitted by: Mad MonteSend Email

I just got an old (1976) Dolphin and it is still a great boat!! The fiberglass cleans up nice and it is much faster than most " Tupperware" boats. Even at 245lbs. the boat still handles freatr even in 2 ft. whitecaps. I bought this boat for 250 dollars with paddle and sprayskirt! I also own an easy rider Tatoosh with is a 1984 boat and has seen much touring over the years. ( Great Boats Easy Riders are!!!!)

05-28-2002

This is a very versatile and fun boat. It is highly maneuverable - has a tracking fin that is operated from the cockpit - track from straight on to being able to turn on a dime. As a sea kayak, it handles lots of different types of water - from waves, lakes, rivers (up to Class II). It's great for daytrips and touring. All fiberglass, it weighs only 55#. It has a stern bulkhead with a large waterproof hatch for storage of gear. This boat is great for camping. Easy Rider makes wonderful boats, and they are customized to the buyer.