Product Reviews > Canoes > Clipper Canoes > Jensen 17 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Jensen 17 Canoe by Clipper Canoes

Jensen 17 Canoe by Clipper Canoes

Length: 17' 0" - Starting at: $1675.00
See More Details about this Canoe
Clipper Canoes Logo

04-14-2004

I have owned the clipper 17'Jensen in fiberglass for several years now.I have used for leasure trips with light whitewater to rec.racing.And can only say good things about this canoe.I had a Wenonah 17' Jensen in the flex-core and it did just that,it flex to much for me.But that was my falt I should have ordered it with a foam core. The gel-coat on the Wenonah did not hold up very well.The Wenonah was a good canoe,but I think the Clipper is a better canoe for the money.I rate the Clipper a 10 and Wenonah an 8.

04-13-2004

I am adding to my previouse review. I have owned our 17' fiberglass Jensen for about 3 years now. It is by fare the best cruiseing canoe I have ever owned, expect maybe for the 18' Clipper Jensen we just bought. It is VERY fast, but to new to compare it yet. But compare to Wenonah's 17' Jensen which we used to own. The Clipper 17' Jensen is much better. It is better made, has a stiffer hull, and in my father and mine's opion is faster. We race it in rec classes races and the canoe always performs great. This canoe is one of the fastest short rec class raceing canoes I have seen on the water. Tracks great, and has an awesome glide. There don't seem to be many reviews of Clipper canoes, but they are worth a seriouse look. My family owns three Clipper canoes, and we love them all. They perform better than Wenonahs similar models (Jensen), although slightly heavier, in my opinion they are made better.

05-06-2002
Submitted by: wbk

This is a well made canoe which performs extremely well in the water. It is very fast, stable, tracks well, and stays drier than I expected in light rapids. This canoe is very good at what it is made for, and that is cruising, it can be used in recreation races very successfully.