Product Reviews > Canoes > Lotus Designs > Caper Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Caper Canoe by Lotus Designs

Rated: 9.67/10 Based On: 3 Reviews

Canoes
Research Canoes in the Buyers' Guide!

Select Canoe to View in Buyers' Guide

07-24-2013
Submitted by: anaconchoSend Email

Incredibly beautiful craft. Never fails to elicit comments from other river goers. Pleasant to paddle. I am regularly the only canoe amongst a group of kayakers. I have no trouble keeping up with them, even with strong head wind where they should easily beat me. I love my Caper.

08-17-2012
Submitted by: anaconchoSend Email

I worked for Mike and Courtney in the summer of 1982. Mike offered me a canoe, but I needed the money. 25 plus years later my dream came true; I found my Caper in the Paddling.net classifieds.

It is a wonderful boat: Sleek and Sexy. It tracks truly and turns on a dime. Did I mention it is beautiful? The constant refrain from folks seeing me in my Caper is: 'That is a beautiful Canoe!' There might be faster, tougher, or more stable canoes, but there is nothing more aesthetically pleasing than my Caper cruising flat water, and that was Mike's goal!

I never let it scrape bottom, nor would I drag it over logs. This is a Porsche or Ferrari, not a Chevy. Did I mention that it is a beautiful Canoe? Well, it is!!!!

05-02-2002

This is the best canoe of this size that I have paddled. Heavier paddlers may not like it because it feels a bit tippy especially to beginer paddlers. I weigh in at 165 and 5'5" tall. I took this boat on an overnighter covering 35 miles on the Yeiiow River and found it too handle the extra weight just fine. The boat has resonable speed for its size and turns better than anything else that Ive been in. The seat was mounted too high for me since I have short legs and I had too modify it by putting in a cane seat. The boat was made of fiberglass with no stiffeners in the bottom and I found It too flex a bit when running over deadfalls. It always bounced back to its original shape but I would recomend being cautious with it.

Zoar Outdoor
Free Shipping on all New Kayaks!