Product Reviews > Canoes > Mad River Canoe > Liberty Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Liberty Canoe by Mad River Canoe

Rated: 8.5/10 Based On: 4 Reviews

Canoes Image Canoes Image Canoes Image
Select Canoe to View in Buyers' Guide

04-07-2004
Submitted by: JVB

I bought Mike Casey's boat. We tossed it into an ice-free piece of salt water here in Halifax and off I went for a test paddle. I was a bit wobbly but very stable at the same time. I feel it would go over in a heartbeat if you hung way out there and falied to brace on a hard leaned turned. I am six feet tall and my legs fit underneath the seat without too much trouble. It points like a dream yet will turn when urged. The boat has nice lines and is well made. I'm not overly keen on the colour but I can't see the outside while sitting inside so that's no biggie. I can't wait to protage a boat that weighs less than my pack. That will be totally worth the price. I'm very happy with my purchase.

01-08-2004

When I say freestyle I mean exhibition freestyle. The boat responds to well to freestyle strokes in fact it carves turns on a river with current more precisly than any other boat that Ive paddled. It is a little tippy when leaned but I enjoy the lively feeling.

03-24-2003
Submitted by: Mike CaseySend Email

I very light boat, nice to look at. Points very well in a strong wind from the bow. Feels tippy, but in the hands of an experienced paddler, no problem. I have used it in moderate ocean chop and it handles very well. For solo work, it tracks very well.

05-02-2002

The only way too describe this boat is smooth. I think the boat is decievingly fast. I taken my 24lb dog with me and it handled the extra weight just fine. She does not turn as easily as the Independence or Slipper. But is a very predictable ride. With its low sides I dont think it would be good in choppy water although it would be stable enough. Also due too the low sides a taller person might not be able to get there legs under the seat in the kneeling position. I'm 5'5" and she fits me like a glove and Mad River does a suberb job of putting their boats together. A great touring canoe but turns a bit slow for freestyle.

Rendezvous River Sports
Zoar Outdoor
Free Shipping on all New Kayaks!