Product Reviews > Accessories > Yankee Engineering TugEyes Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Yankee Engineering TugEyes

Research Boat Accessories / Boat Outfitting in the Buyers' Guide!

11-07-2004

I ordered two pair of these little kits instead of installing my usual homemade versions. The kits arrived promptly and I went to work on a Mohawk Odyssey and a Wenonah Sandpiper, both Royalex constructions.

The Mohawk went picture perfect. Fifteen minute installation and the TUGEYES were nice and snug. Appearance was a definite improvement as compared to my homemade units.

The Sandpiper gave me a surprise. I could not get the TUGEYES to snug up to the hull. After measuring the thickness of the two boats it was immediately apparent the Wenonah layup is much lighter than the Mohawk hence the hull is thinner. An email to Dan Kidd resulted in a confirmation of this and he quickly sent me an adaptor that allows the TUGEYES to be tightened further than the normal kit.

When the adaptor arrived, I was able to complete the Sandpiper installation perfectly. So.... let's see now....Excellent product, economical, great service and support.... yup, a perfect 10!

04-09-2002

I have been wondering how best to attach painters to my new Royalex canoe. Gave some thought to drilling hull and gluing in a piece of PVC pipe but thought that this would ruin the look of the boat. Then I saw tugeyes in the new product section of the latest issue of Canoe&Kayak magazine. I installed tugeyes in less than 20 min. The installation was easy following the instructions that came with the kit. I now have a watertight painter attachment point that has a nice finished look.I would highly recommend this product.

Paddling.net T-Shirt Sale: