Product Reviews > Kayaks > Old Town Canoe > Sebago Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Sebago Kayak by Old Town Canoe

Rated: 9.86/10 Based On: 7 Reviews

07-07-2007

Five years ago on my wife's birthday, I bought this for her and a Castine for myself. On paper, my boat should have been faster and more seaworthy, but that has not been the case. The Sebago handles rough water every bit as good, if not better, than the Castine, and it is much faster and far more maneuverable. I don't know why Old Town discontinued this model. Even my youngest daughter and youngest nephew were able to handle this yak like a champ. The only drawback is that the single hatch leaks like a sieve, but I guess that's a recurring intermittent QC problem with Old Town kayaks. If you find a used one for cheap, jump on it.

07-07-2004

I bought this kayak to replace an Otter that was slow and didn't track well. The Sebago tracks well, turns easily, is reasonably fast and fits nicely into my compact pickup. This is my second year of ownership. I try to get out at least once a week so have quite a few hours of paddling this nice recreational kayak.

06-28-2004
Submitted by: KGHSend Email

This is my 3rd summer w/the Sebago & I have a ball with it. Easy to transport on/off. I use it in the tidal rivers to catch striped bass & bluefish.It tracks well except in choppy bays where I just use extra paddling power!

02-06-2004

I have had a sebago for a while and it does whatever I want it to do it is awesome on large lakes.

07-07-2003
Submitted by: abrSend Email

Love it! I bought it 1 year ago after trying a variety of Old Town and Perception kayaks (about 6 different boats). It was the first boat I tried, and none of the others fit nearly as well. I'm 5'3", and was a new kayaker last year. It has served me well on mostly large river kayaking.

09-10-2002
Submitted by: RTSSend Email

I just purchased a Sebago. Despite advice from others that because of the small difference in price with the Castine, I should go for the Castine. I have found the Sebago to meet my needs exactly. It is easy to handle getting on and off the roof of the car and handles well in the water. I am very happy with my choice.

03-29-2002
Submitted by: vSend Email

A great boat, tracks well, fast, even against the tide, I use it mostly in the Charleston Harbor and on trips into marsh creeks...a good size, easy to carry and load, and it fits me (6'4") well enough to be comfortable for hours. A great boat!