Product Reviews > Accessories > Cabela's Canoe Carrier Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Cabela's Canoe Carrier

Rated: 9.33/10 Based On: 3 Reviews

Research Roof Racks and Trailers in the Buyers' Guide!
Roof Racks and Trailers
View Roof Racks and Trailers in Buyers' Guide

07-26-2004

I bought the cabelas aluminum canoe carrier for 79.99. it is made by instep and comes with rather large pneumatic tires and two good sized straps. The carrier is positioned upright with a small kickstand to steady it. then you pull the canoe up as far as you can and tie the straps around the carrier and the canoe. It works very well and makes solo canoeing and long portages possible. It was much cheaper than the competition and i'm very happy with it. Recommended.

02-17-2003

I reviewed this carrier in a local store yesterday, under the name of Instep brand. I have to agree that it is the best I have seen at any price. It is the one I plan on buying to move my Loons around. Of course, I haven't used one yet, but from what I have seen, I wish I could give it a 12 out of 10 rating!

03-26-2002
Submitted by: JimSend Email

The Cabela's canoe carrier is a "must have" for anyone who wants to make transporting a canoe or kayak on land easier. I have a Old Town Loon 160-T which weighs abut 75 lbs. and I can put the "Loon" on this carrier and go where I want. The carrier has 16" tires and folds up to fit in my "Loon" and my car trunk. it costs $119.99 plus shipping and it's worth every penny. At 62, I can use help like this carrier provides.