Product Reviews > Accessories > Harmony Sea Passage Paddle Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Harmony Sea Passage Paddle

Rated: 7.57/10 Based On: 7 Reviews

Research Paddles in the Buyers' Guide!
Paddles
View Paddles in Buyers' Guide

07-31-2013

I do like this paddle as it is great for sea kayaking.
But I have one of the length adjustable ones and the little flap that keeps the paddle tight when adjusting the length split. I have tried to super glue it back together, but is not working. However I have found that I only use this paddle at the shortest length it goes 215cm when I am in any of my 4 kayaks I lake paddle. And I am able to just hold the paddle and it stays in place at the 215 length. And the fit between to two halves is tight enough that the paddles do not twist.

About the shape and curve of the blades... Really great. I am really happy with the paddling aspect of this paddle. It handles the water well whether on rivers or on lakes. I have a high angle paddling style and this paddle does not wear me out.

I will probably just super glue the paddle in place to make it into a single shaft and be happy for a long time. Mine has yellow blades and I have been told by boaters that the yellow is highly visible.

08-03-2009

I am very disappointed with Harmony and their Sea Passage kayak paddle. Huge crack across the blade from doing a brace... called Harmony and they would do nothing. Would not warranty it or send replacement blade for me to repair paddle. Was a good paddle for a year.....$150 gone!!!
Buyer beware!!!! I will buy a Werner now.

03-11-2009

I have a 240cm aluminum Harmony Sea Passage paddle. Very nice. Not heavy. I can paddle for hours with it. Not hard to put together or take apart, but once it is together it is sturdy, no loose rattling feel like some others. You can adjust it for feathering if you like. I have experienced no fluttering. Great paddle for the price.

06-21-2007

This paddle has been my pal for 4 years and I love the weight and strength it has given me through all the great times on the waters.
Yep, a bit expensive - but you get what you pay for!!!

05-07-2004
Submitted by: JohnSend Email

I own a Wilderness Pungo 120 for local river and lake travel, birding and fishing. I'm 6'1" and the salesman at Galyans (who is an avid kayaker) recommended the Sea Passage Paddle. On my first day, my journey took me through the Du Page River (smooth), Des Plaines River (heavily travelled by commercial barges), and the historic Illinois and Michigan Canal (smooth as glass). This paddle was excellent. Very light. Excellent grip. Cut the water well. Easy storage in two pieces. About the price, it was listed originally at $140 at Galyans. Then, it was marked down to $104. When I went, I had a 15% off coupon. It was well worth $88 bucks! I plan to take good care of it, and use it for many years to come.

10-29-2001
Submitted by: ChrisSend Email

Okay paddle doesnt feather and its semi-light but NOT worth the 150 bucks i spent on it

10-29-2001

Just a word in favor of the 220 cm Sea Passage paddle that I have been using for the past year. I paddle a Capella RM kayak without a rudder and am 6' 170 pounds. That said, the Sea Passage is a perfect paddle for the type of kayaking I do. The slightly oval shaft allows for easy orientation when having to roll unexpectedly. The size of the paddle blade is not so large that it is a strain on arms and shoulders (I am 50 years old) but it still allows me make my roll, even in windy chop, virtually every time. A rudder stroke similarly does not require Herculean strength when surfing but there is still enough paddle for reasonable control. On long day trips of 10 or more miles I am very appreciative of the light weight and the asymmetrical countour of the paddle's blade. With a heavier, wider, boat a slightly larger blade might be necessary but with the Capella, Northwest Kayak Pursuit2 and the perception river kayak I have used the paddle is ideal. The workmanship doesn't disappoint. I see no signs of wear or unexpected performance dropoff to date. Fluttering has not been a problem. In my view, bigger is not necessarily better with paddles, especially if one does a lot of paddling in surf or wind. My advice is to get used to the size of the Sea Passage and appreciate how well it does what it was designed ot do. It can be a wonderful aid for improving efficiency and enjoyment on the water.