Product Reviews > Accessories > Lendal Archipelago Paddle Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Lendal Archipelago Paddle

Rated: 7.83/10 Based On: 6 Reviews

Research Paddles in the Buyers' Guide!
Paddles
View Paddles in Buyers' Guide

03-10-2005

I purchased a used crank shaft paddle with nylon bands 3.5 years ago. In the 2 previous years I purchased and abandoned a Harmony, and Werner straight shaft. There is no comparison between the Lendle and others I have tried. The Europeans know how to do it. They invented the crank shaft and everybody else has been copying it. It is a little heavy, but the new prepreg would take care of it. I have tried other paddles, and the Archipelago is the perfect size and shape. It will stand up to lots of abuse.

03-01-2005

I drooled over the Lendal Archipelego paddle for almost a year before I bought it. Finally, it was mine.

I sold it a month later as I found it to be way too heavy for long paddles and it aggravated my bursitis. I bought a Greenland paddle to replace it - although my choice for a euro paddle would have been an Onno because they are 12oz less weight and made to tighter tolerances. Keep trying, you will get it right Lendal..

02-27-2005

Carbon Straight shaft, durable light enough, live the indexing (very positive even through gloves). Tough enough for surf without a second thought.

02-24-2005

I sold both my Lendals (carbon blade and nylon). Carbon blade separated, both are too heavy. Nice paddles, durable, but just too much weight when there are 19 oz paddles out there for the same $$.

09-09-2002

I've been using this paddle for 4 years now, and it's durability is amazing. I have used it at least 40 day a year, and the paddle shaft and blade hardly look used. The blade size also seems to be ideal for touring, and large enough to catch surfing waves. It is a little heavy, but that's a minor price to pay for it's durability. I just bought a new AP paddle, and use the Lendal as a spare, but it is still my primary paddle when going surfing.

10-03-2001

I have used a large number of paddles (including Grey Owl, Bending Branches, Werner, Current Design and AT) and I have come to the conclusion that the Lendal family of paddles is among the best. First, it is durable. It will endure a lot and still keep on ticking. Second, it is well made and a number of nice features such as an index to help you position your hands. The only problem with it (and it is a slight one) is that it is heavier than the competition. In short, if I had to do a long paddle in uncertain conditions, this would be the paddle that I would use. Finally, it is well supported by Great River Outfitters, its distributors in Michigan. What more could you ask for?

Piragis Northwoods: