Product Reviews > Accessories > Cascade Designs Camp Rest Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Cascade Designs Camp Rest

Research Camping Gear in the Buyers' Guide!

07-27-2001

I have some back and neck problems that plague me most days. When I first decided I wanted to try kayak camping I wasn't sure I could handle sleeping in a tent, on a camp pad or inflatable mattress. After doing a little research I found that the number one pad people were recommending was the Thermarest pad by Cascade Designs. I bought the full length, 2 1/2 inches think, Camp Rest Pad. The pad is not as comfortable as my $1,500.00 king size bed at home, but it's not that far from it. I can't praise this pad enough. Some cool technology and innovation went into the design. The pad provides comfort through a combination of foam and air. It is a self-inflating system and allows you to customize the firmness by adding a puff or two of air, or squeezing a little air out. I have only used it in warm weather, but the pad is also designed to minimize the transfer of cold from the ground. So, you should be able to wake up feeling less chilled on a cold day. The pad's cover is made of a material that resists moisture, lightly grips the sleeping bag so you don't slip off, and yet feels fine next to your skin. Cascade Designs makes a number of different models, so you can choose the one that best fits your needs. Mine will fit in either the aft or rear hatch of my P&H Capella.

Northwater Paddle Sports: