Product Reviews > Kayaks > Pelican International > Challenger Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Challenger Kayak by Pelican International

Rated: 5.4/10 Based On: 5 Reviews

08-22-2003
Submitted by: lowell harnerSend Email

Great creek boat. You must remember when using these kayaks you have to be in reasonable shape. Stable with turning ability. If you want fast, buy a bass boat.

12-26-2002

Purchased for resale 8 of these boats from boat direct 2002.Planned to keep some for kids sell the rest. Found these boats to be rugged and very comfortable and stable. Excellent value as they all came with a paddle included.

When the family of four took a test paddle around the lake we all agreed they track awfully. Took the fun out of the ride. My son and I have since been out many times on the SOT's even though it can be a fair amount of work keeping them straight. I sold 6 out of 8 and people who purchased generally agreed tracking was lacking but they have made some adaptations and agree it is an overall good value cause they are solid and stable.

05-10-2002
Submitted by: JAT

The 1st time I took my challanger out was on a lake. There was a breeze of no more than 7 mph. I had an awful time keeping the kayak from turning sideways to the wind. It woulden't track. The bow was pushing the water and took a lot more energy to paddle it. In a tight turn I had to correct the turn quickly or it would have kept going. Not a good kayak for me.

08-01-2001
Submitted by: Kate LewisSend Email

ine sank! It took on water even though it is sealed. It took on enough water that it was totally tippy. Used it twice. Also slow. I had to work much harder paddling than the others that I was with. Not pleased at all.

07-03-2001

Fun little recreational kayak. At 31 inches wide not overly fast, but stable. Spins easy. Took it down our favorite river with it's fair share of trees down. What it didn't avoid, it went over or through. Only bad things are the foot braces are thin at the edges and the back-brace anchors are in the wrong places. Overall not a bad Kayak for the price (about $380) thats rated for up to 275 lbs. And weighs about 50 lbs. I give it an eight.

Rendezvous River Sports