Product Reviews > Accessories > Navarro Beavertail Paddle Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Navarro Beavertail Paddle

Rated: 9.5/10 Based On: 2 Reviews

Research Paddles in the Buyers' Guide!
Paddles
View Paddles in Buyers' Guide

06-25-2002
Submitted by: Alan England

Bought this last year on a lark, and now it has become my primary paddle for nature watching. Extremely smooth and quite, it allows me so sneak up quite close to my "prey" when birding. Well designed, light and feels comfortable in use.

06-14-2001

After trying a lot of straight shaft paddles, this is my pick. Navarro makes their paddles of laminated ash and basswood, and tips them with about an inch of epoxy. The oval shaft and the grip are full, made for large hands. The blade is nicely tapered, and rather than being truly beavertail, is rather squared at the end to enhance shallow water paddling. The blade is strong, but will flex under a hard stroke. Best of all the paddle is incredibly light. This is a paddle great for immediate power strokes and for all-day paddling. It is super. The only change I would like is a satin, rather than gloss finish.