Product Reviews > Accessories > CMG Infinity (Flashlight) Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for CMG Infinity (Flashlight)

Rated: 6.6/10 Based On: 5 Reviews

Research Safety & Rescue in the Buyers' Guide!
Safety & Rescue
View Safety & Rescue in Buyers' Guide

03-27-2005
Submitted by: DHSend Email

I have owned a number of these lights with white, red, blue and amber LEDS. The blue LED appears to be the brightest of the bunch. The early white LED's were very dim. CMG has apparently been purchased by Gerber Knives and the lights are now made in China so I won't be purchasing anymore of them. I probably won't need to buy more unless I lose the ones I have because they appear just about indestructible. I use an amber version with a lithium battery to mark the location on my portable deer stand when I leave it in the evening so I can easily locate it in the dark the next morning. The extreme battery life makes this possible, and the lithium battery is unaffected by the cold.

06-28-2004

Very disappointed with my light very dim and refused to work after about 6 weeks. Customer service is good emailed regarding its death and received a reply instructing me to send the head back, received replacement head a week later. Unfortatnly it to died aprox 8 weeks later.

02-09-2004

My red CMG infinity is sometimes reluctant to come on. Abrading the interior bottom of the aluminum case has helped. Apparently at such a low voltage, a bit of aluminum oxidation may inhibit light onset. CMG has gone on from this design, but I plan to pick up another while I can.

02-06-2004

I have the green LED CMG infinity flashlight. In order to turn on the flashlight, I have to twist the front lens area and it is not easy as it is tight. The CMG light output is not very strong. A better, smaller and more powerful LED flashlight is made by COAST. The CMG uses a single AA battery. The COAST uses 4 button cell batteries that are harder to find.

06-01-2001

After many disapointments with flashlights I have finally found my "perfect" light. The CMG Infinity is a single LED powered by one AA battery. Rated 40 hrs burn time (double that with a lithium battery) and 150,000 hrs on the bulb!!!! It weighs .9 oz and you can wear it around your neck with the glow in the dark lanyard that is supplied. The bulbs come red, blue, green, amber and white.

Lightweight, longlasting, and just enough illumination for those campsite chores. This one's a keeper!