Product Reviews > Accessories > Voyageur Canoe kneeling pad Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Voyageur Canoe kneeling pad

Rated: 7.67/10 Based On: 3 Reviews

Research Comfort - Seats, Pads, Backrests in the Buyers' Guide!
Comfort - Seats, Pads, Backrests
View Comfort - Seats, Pads, Backrests in Buyers' Guide

07-20-2005

I've used mine maybe 10 times and finally hung it on the wall in my barn with a for sale sign on it. It slides around inside a wet canoe, and the rough surface fabric is really hard on bare knees in the summer time to the point where I couldn't stand using it. For a much better removable pad I chose the Bell Canoe pad which doesn't slide around, is very soft on bare knees, and extends far enough back to protect my toes and ankles when I'm kneeling with my feet extended behind me.

10-28-2002

I have a Mad River Synergy with a Mohawk triple saddle. I never wanted to glue in knee cups for solo use because they would interfere with foot placement at times when the boat is used as a tandem. Happily I found that the Voyageur Canoe kneeling pad could be slipped through one of the passages in the base of the triple saddle, and ended up exactly where I need it for solo use. I can also use the kneeling pad with a Nashwaak Solo Strap to solo our Bluewater Chippewa 16'10". Maybe the Voyageur kneeling pad will help a lot of casual paddlers learn the control advantages of kneeling.

05-22-2001

Excellent comfort, doesn't slip even on wet royalex, and can be removed and used in every canoe you own (Although this is not intended for whitewater use!). The pad is also very durable, and easy to clean. The pad's 35" width allows the paddler to easily change positions, which glued-in pads do not do well. Well worth the $35 I paid for it.