Product Reviews > Canoes > Leisure Life Limited > Waterquest 15.7 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Waterquest 15.7 Canoe by Leisure Life Limited

Canoes
Research Canoes in the Buyers' Guide!

Select Canoe to View in Buyers' Guide

02-07-2006

This is a barge with an 800+ lb. load capacity. It is wide and stable and luxurious, which also makes it heavy. It weighs a little over 100 lbs. I can lift my end fine, but my wife doesn't lift hers that well (at all). Once it's in the water, she loves it. It's very good for fishing in and not too scary when swapping paddlers end-to-end. We've never tipped it or fallen out. It turns like a tanker. I wouldn't recommend it on fast water.

11-26-2001
Submitted by: Mike FullerSend Email

Bought the Sams club Rogue River 15.7 last August($399). We have a waterfront home with an electric boat lift so the 104 lb canoe is not a problem. We put a small electric trolling motor on a canoe mount and it is always "down wind". We love the boat. We are long time boaters (cruised the Pacific for 5 years on a sailboat), but probably have had more pure fun with this canoe than any of our other boats, and it sure costs a lot less. If we wanted to do transport it, we would probably look for one of the lighter canoes. However, for bird watching and fishing and just plain water fun, this is a stable work horse and if it ever dies, I will buy another that same day.

06-27-2001
Submitted by: Shawn ThomasSend Email

I bought a 15 1/2 ft version at Sam's and love it. I use mine fishing on local lakes and a few rivers. It is nice a roomy and the cooler is a nice added feature. If you want a canoe for longer trips there are probably better choices. It is on the heavy side so loading it by yourself is a little challenging but can be done. I think for the entry level canoer this is a great choice.

04-30-2001
Submitted by: JohnSend Email

Very stable boat. Great for a family outing. It is heavy, and thus a little slow. But that's why it's so stable and comfortable. This is great canoe for a beginner or someone just looking for a little paddling fun! I could see where some experienced paddlers may want a little more performance, but that's not what it was designed for.

American Traders: