Product Reviews > Kayaks > We-no-nah Canoe > Seal Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Seal Kayak by We-no-nah Canoe

Rated: 9.5/10 Based On: 2 Reviews

08-16-2006
Submitted by: adamSend Email

I paddled the kayak today for the first time My first impression was that the cockpit was very tight fit (im 170-175lb 5-10) once underway though it really didnt matter as it actually helped in handling. The kayak is very very fast almost effortlessly fast. Tracks very straight and relativley stable at any speed. I do have one slight complaint that the foot area of the cockpit is way to cramped. I was unable to wear my size 9 shoe I had to go barefoot which after having your feet on the pegs for over an hour starts to hurt. I will be getting water shoes with very little extra toe and heal rubber which will fix the problem but compared to other kayaks this is very tight. I would not recomend this kayak to somone over 200lbs or with a shoe size larger than a 10 or you will be asking for trouble. Other than that the kayak is great well built and kinda a hard to find goodie.

01-29-2001

I've got to give the Wenonah Seal a 10 just on speed alone! This is a boat which hasn't been made in quite a few years. It was built by the leading manufacturer of fast canoes. The one I have is kevlar with a skin coat bottom and a gel coated deck. It weighs in at just under 40 lbs. It is more responsive than you would expect an 18'6" boat to be. Mine does have a rudder but I have not yet run in to conditions where I had to put it in the water. I would suspect that in tight rollers or breaking waves it could be a handfull but it was designed with flatter conditions in mind. It is the ideal boat for gentleman (person) sea kayak racing but does hold enough stuff in the rear hatch to go out for a couple of days. There are a few still around and are fun and fast, especially with a winged racing paddle. I paddled it this summer out on Cape Cod with some newer designed 'fast" boats. I ended paddling point quite a bit and waiting for the rest to catch up.

Piragis Northwoods Company
Free Shipping on New Canoes from Piragis Northwoods Company or pick up in Ely, MN and get $100 off