Product Reviews > Canoes > SOAR Inflatables > SOAR 16 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for SOAR 16 Canoe by SOAR Inflatables

Length: 16' 0" - Width: 40.0" - Starting at: $1875.00
See More Details about this Canoe
SOAR Inflatables Logo

04-27-2005
Submitted by: TrevorSend Email

Great boat. I can roll it up into a duffle bag, check it as luggage on a commercial airline flight, and head into remote areas like the Yukon, Nunavut or Northwest Territories without the hassle associated with a hardshell. It's very durable, very stable, and very forgiving for anyone with less skill and experience than would otherwise be needed to safely run remote wilderness rivers. It definitely allows me to access water that I wouldn't be able to with a regular canoe. The self bailing feature is great in whitewater. The company has also been very good to deal with. No problem recommending this boat to anyone.

03-22-2005
Submitted by: bob bjorkquistSend Email

I have owned my Soar 16 for a couple for years now. It's a great boat. Very stable and tracks as well as a conventional canoe. I've gone down class 3s with my wife and 2 kids and had no trouble controlling the boat. We travel with it on top of our truck when we go camping. If we ever see a lake or river we want to check out, we just inflate it and we're on our way. It is a very versatile boat. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

12-11-2000

Bought my 16' SOAR year before last. Needed somethng a little more stable than my Legend 16 to carry my wife around in. She's a non-paddler, non-swimmer. The boat is just as easy to handle in the water as my royalex legend was. in fact, it's less prone to wind effects than a regular canoe. Hypalon tubes are tough and handle rocks, abrasions well. Very stable. Have run class II and III with no problems. The boat is just a little heavy and hard to get into its own carry bag. Well worth the money and rates a 10 out of 10.

New York Kayak Co.: