Product Reviews > Kayaks > Perception > Whip-it Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Whip-it Kayak by Perception

10-11-2012
Submitted by: Doug JohnsonSend Email

I had my whip-it for many many years, recently I had and a real boney trip that tore it up beyond repair. I picked up a new kayak (that I will not name here that they talked up at the local store). I rode it all last season and I hated it. I missed my whip-it. It squirted so well on the bow and stern and had sharp edges that were responsive when i needed it the most. It was the boat I learned on and continued to use for a long time. After a lousy season I finally found a used one on craigslist for a good price and picked it up! Looking forward to another season with a whip-it. I am a mid size paddler and for me this boat is the best I have found for the level of fun I have in it.

The only real drawback is that both of my whip-its required a little extra outfitting to get the fit right, but the effort payed of with responsiveness.

07-15-2009
Submitted by: KalebSend Email

I am very pleased with this boat. For my size it is very comfortable. It surfs well and will stern squirt very easily. If you're wanting a good all around boat with good playability this is the boat for you!!

05-18-2007
Submitted by: MikeSend Email

good first boat if you don't mind not being able to walk after a river trip. Uncomfortable and cramped, had mine for a year long enough I think. Good to start out with but a new boat should really be brought if you fancy getting some experience.

03-06-2006
Submitted by: Jon

It is a beginner boat. With that said, it is very uncomfortable. Perception was smart to take it off the market, because many beginners would just quit after trying it. If you are looking for an awesome beginner boat, then try the Stikine. Dimensions are perfect, and it glides down the river.

01-12-2005

A good whitewater boat. You canít flip it as easy as other WW boats. I took it out in flat water a couple times and against all odds it performed better than any other boat. The only drawback is the wide hip braces and you canít store many provisions in the stern. Also it can turn on a dime. Definitely a fun boat out in the surf.

06-19-2003
Submitted by: justinSend Email

owned one years ago when they first came out. awful boat enough said

11-05-2000
Submitted by: River WenchSend Email

A fun play boat with terrible outfitting. Splays the knees so wide that many guys can't paddle it at all; it hurts your hips and makes your feet go to sleep. However, if you can stand to sit in it, it's surfy and quick, and good for pretty hard stuff as long as you can keep it from stern squirting at inopportune moments.

10-17-2000
Submitted by: HansSend Email

After 5 years of satisfaction, I sold my Pirouette S Supersport, for I found it too long in small/undeep waters. I think I found a good replacement with the Whip-it. It's about a foot shorter and a little wider, and it has a bit more volume (about 10 liters. In holes it feels a lot more controlable and the flatspins are a piece of cake. Even in "thick" water it is easier to handle. Only at sea in big breaking waves it is a little more difficult to surf, because of the flatter bottom with less scoop: it dives faster into the hole. Nevertheless I think I did well to step over to the Whip-it, for I find it a little more all-round.

Rendezvous River Sports
Zoar Outdoor
Free Shipping on all New Kayaks!

BassYaks: