Product Reviews > Kayaks > Necky Kayaks > Arluk II Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Arluk II Kayak by Necky Kayaks

09-22-2005
Submitted by: GarinSend Email

OK, so I've now paddled my Arluk II in extreme conditions and am happy to report that it performed very well--even steep seas on the aft quarter.

07-25-2005
Submitted by: GarinSend Email

I bought a used kevlar Arluk II about 4 months ago and since have paddled it in only calm and moderate conditions. I'm 6', 170 lbs and the boat fits me fine--although the stock backband leaves a little to be desired. The boat is quite fast and tracks extremely well leaving no need for a rudder. My biggest complaint is that the boat is a little twitchy when empty--but an additional 20# of gear seems to take care of the problem, so itís really only an issue for short daytrips. Storage space is ample for a week's worth of gear. The kevlar lay-up is very light, making car-topping very easy. Overall I like the boat a lot.

06-21-2004
Submitted by: PamSend Email

I've owned a fiberglass Arluk II for about 5 years and have found it to be an excellent boat. It paddles smoothly and tracks extremely well. J-leans encourage it to turn more readily than it would flat! It handles waves and following seas well. The storage hatches are ample enough to carry all the gear you need for tripping. An added plus...I'm a 59 year old woman and found the boat light enough for me to easily load and unload on my vehicles by myself. I love this boat and recommend it highly.

10-05-2000
Submitted by: Dave KuhnSend Email

I have the Kevlar model of this boat and I previously owned a plastic Sealution before. I am very happy to upgrade to a superior material. This boat has not seen the ocean yet because it is so new to me and right now I am living away from the sea until next summer. It has seen some rough water in the Saint Lawrence River and I found it to handle it very well. It is a rocket, and tracks extremely well without the rudder being deployed. It is tempting to take it off but I need to get a better feel for the boat first. I reccomend this boat to anyone who wants a fun fast boat.

Zoar Outdoor
Free Shipping on all New Kayaks!