Product Reviews > Accessories > TracRac T-Rac Pickup Truck Rack Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for TracRac T-Rac Pickup Truck Rack

Research Roof Racks and Trailers in the Buyers' Guide!
Roof Racks and Trailers
View Roof Racks and Trailers in Buyers' Guide

08-13-2007
Submitted by: GeorgeSend Email

I was in the market for a new camper shell with roof racks for my S-10. Took my old shell off and gave to my neighbor. Thatís when I noticed that I liked not having a shell. But, I still needed to carry my kayaks.

Went to Paddling.net and started some research. Found the good reviews on the TracRac. The engineering and build quality is excellent. Ordered some extra ďTí bolts for the kayak saddles which meant that I am able to use my current saddles. Without going on and on, Iíll just say I couldnít be happier.

06-28-2004

Great Racks!!! I put them on my F250, as stated earlier, rock solid. One of the best investments I've made. I modified the Mako Saddles and Hulley rollers to accept 3/8" hex head stainless bolts and stop nuts which fit right into the track like the provided "T" bolts. My Prowler and Cabo roll up easily into place. The Hold-downs are solid. When the boats are secured using cam straps, I zip along knowing my boats are safe. Highly recommended!

07-31-2002
Submitted by: Brad

I have had these on my tacoma since I got it. I cannot say enough good things about them. I have had a Penobscot 17, and two sea kayaks up on them for a 300mi trip and had no problems. All of my sea kayaks are plastic (I'm Lazy and like to have a maintainance free boat) and I use foam blocks that have a circular hole through them (The kind for yakima racks.) I just bought some pvc pipe and bolts with bolt heads big enough to slide into the track. I mount the blocks on those and can esily remove them when the boats are not loaded on the truck.

09-28-2000

Well here is another Bree review. I have a lot of $$ invested in boats. But I was still putting them on top of my Dodge Ram with foam blocks. Not good for the truck... not good for the boats. So I went hunting for a truck rack. I looked at a whole lot of racks, but I can't say that I tried them. I didn't. I made my choice by features and price. I chose the T-Rac.

The T-Rac has awesome capacity (800 lbs.). It's big brother... the TracRac... has an 1,100 lb. capacity. Both are made of high grade aluminum... thick and strong. The T-Rac can't rust... BIG PLUS!! The T-Rac has adjustable cross-member clamps... BIG PLUS. The T-Rac requires no drilling into the bedrail... BIG PLUS. The cost is about $400 which is competitive. Given the features... it is a steal.

How about performance? The thing is awesome. It is rock solid. And you can move them around (which I have done). Originally I was worried about the bedrail clamps being weak or coming loose or getting ripped off. I discovered that they are actually kinda tough to put on... but they grip like crazy, they are very strong, and they are hard to get off. I felt that these were unexpected pluses.

The company has lots of accessories including bar extenders, cantilever extenders, locks, and much more. They really have their act together. They even have adapters for top of the line saddles from Thule and Yakima. I bought 2 pairs of Yakima Mako Saddles and mounted them on the T-Rac. The whole assembly is excellent in every way.

I have to tell you... this product is utterly superior. There is nothing on the market that even comes close. Of this, I am totally confident. Search these racks out and go look at them in person... feel them... you will know exactly what to do next.

Ostrom Outdoors: