Product Reviews > Kayaks > Dimension > Escapade Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Escapade Kayak by Dimension

Rated: 8.7/10 Based On: 10 Reviews

03-20-2012
Submitted by: MikeSend Email

I bought one yesterday (March 18 2012), for $125 with a paddle, car carrier, and PFD. Could not believe the deal. I have two either kayaks (Old Town Adventure XL 139, and a classic 70's canvas 16 footer) but wanted a small play boat. Have paddled the escapade before at a cottage a couple years back. Awesome boat. Pick it up if you find it cheap. Major score yesterday.

07-20-2011
Submitted by: Hartley WaggenerSend Email

I bought an old Dimension Escapade for my girlfriend for only $150, tried it out first of course ;) This boat is awesome; best $150 I ever spent. It didn't have a drain hole in the nose, but I drilled one in. Great boat for the money; looking to get one for myself now.

09-07-2010
Submitted by: FaulknerSend Email

Bought one in spring of 2010 for my 13 year old son and he loves it. He bobs around like a cork in it and handles quite well. We've had it in up to Class III and he's had no problems at all. Great little kayak.

07-08-2008
Submitted by: canoe65Send Email

At $279 CDN, my wife and I just bought two Dimension Escapade kayaks. We love this new sport. I have been a canoe tripper for over 30 years and I was a little reserved about buying these kayaks. But after have testing them out extensively on a lake near our cottage and on a calm Georgian Bay, we are ecstatic with our purchases.

These kayaks track very well and are effortless to paddle. The seat, cockpit and leg room (with adjustable foot braces) make for a comfortable ride. They seem quite stable and have a modest amount of storage space behind the seat for a full day excursion. We do not intend to use them in white water, but they are excellent on lakes and as 'play boats' in Georgian Bay waves. These are great, affordable kayaks that should last us a long time.

06-24-2008
Submitted by: JasonSend Email

I have acquired an Escapde from a friend recently and I love it! Most people stick to what it's recommended for, which is safe, but I have had mine on class II+ rivers and it does great! Great stability! Although, watch how much 303 you put on it because it tends to get a little slick. I have had no problem even surfing this yak. Great for beginners up to intermediate level paddlers. If you find a used one out there, pick it up for an extra.

05-09-2007

While the boat is a great beginers boat I have to say that service from the folks at Dimension is very poor. I have a leak in the seat that cause the boat to hold a lot of water and weight making it unstable and dangerous. I have called Dimension 3 times and have never had any response or willing for them to support their product even though it is still on warranty. Even though it is not an expensive touring boat, it would be nice to have a bit of service and consideration from the company!

12-01-2005
Submitted by: Lake McDonald Water RatSend Email

Bought two for the kids (12 and 13). They love them. The four of us have taken them out with a canoe and have had a great canoe-kayak trip. The kayaks are stable and offer the kids the experience of kayaking without going to financial extremes. They do tend to get uncomfortable over long distances, but that is to be expected for a beginner kayak.

05-17-2004
Submitted by: ShawnSend Email

A very solid beginners kayak. At 9'6 it's easy to transport although seemed heavier than 39 lbs. Width makes it very stable in low turbulance water like rivers and small lakes. It also slows distance paddling down. A fun kayak!

12-03-2003

I bought our kayak this summer, a deal on a renter. Didn't even try it first. (Have wanted one for 25 years, grew up with a cedarstrip canoe...)and I am SO hooked!! Live 200' from Lake St. Louis near Montreal, and have occasional use of a family cottage in Laurentians. What a change a summer makes! Very kid-friendly, steady kayak. What did we do before this?

It handles well in wind or light current. Travels well - Easily mounted on car, foam blocks and straps are enough to mount it, even on a windy day. We even squeezed it into a van. Built a carrier from the back wheels of a tricycle & wood to walk down to the water. Highly recommend the Escapade as a perfect family kayak, or if small size/portability is important.

09-20-2000
Submitted by: CPSSend Email

For a Kayak priced at $269, this is a must have. Stability is superb, tracking is pretty good. Speed is something that it lacks, but at 9'6" its pretty fast. Great for lakes and light river kayaking. A thumbs up for anyone interested in taking up kayaking at an affordable price. Happy Paddling!