Product Reviews > Kayaks > Northwest Kayaks, Inc. > Cadence LP Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Cadence LP Kayak by Northwest Kayaks, Inc.

Rated: 8.67/10 Based On: 3 Reviews

05-01-2009

In my first kayaking classes, I had been using Northwest Kayaks and really liked them so when it came time to shop for a used one, I was happy to find the Cadence LP (not a lot of NW Kayaks are in the market). It's very stable and well constructed. I live/work not too far from the NW Kayaks facility so I was able to get them to replace the old gravity drop rudder with their newer one (so I can now lock it and be able to push on the foot pedals).

10-09-2000

I bought the boat used a few years ago and have gotten a lot of good use from it. It's a great all-purpose sea kayak and is especially well suited for camping since it holds a huge amount of gear. It likes to be loaded down and seems to go faster in that condition. It also seems to be faster with the rudder down which is exactly the opposite of what I've experienced with other boats. I attribute this to the effect of the large rudder in eliminating yaw, which has more effect on boats with this hull shape. The nearly flat shallow V and semi-hard chines give the boat excellent tracking but produce a funny little dance in chop due to the initial stability. I do love this boat and intend to keep it as long as it holds together. I am looking for a narrower faster boat for day trips.

09-05-2000
Submitted by: DRSend Email

This boat is fairly fast. It seems to glide along easily. It's very comfortable and VERY well made. The LP model has a lower profile than the standard Cadence which is exactly what I wanted. The only thing I don't care for is the large gravity drop rudder which when not in use has no provision to lock the footpegs from moving. I contacted Northwest about this but it looks like I'll have to come up with something on my own.