Product Reviews > Kayaks > Klepper Folding Kayaks > Aerius 2000 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Aerius 2000 Kayak by Klepper Folding Kayaks

08-03-2011
Submitted by: daveSend Email

Love my little boat. I grew up with my fathers doubles he carried around Trinadad back in the early 60s during service. I have been putting kleppers together for 42 yrs now and love our latest addition. Very agile boat, turns on a dime. A little more tippier than an old Aerius at 15' but less tippy than its aluminum brother.

I have been going on 4 day trips with it down the Wisconsin and Mississippi rivers for 4 yrs now and may upgrade to the Quatro just based on the tracking and lack of rudder mount which all our old boats have. Don't think this boat was designed with that in mind, I get it, but that's one of the reasons I'm looking to upgrade. A rudder on a river is like having someone steer for you. Effortless paddling.

07-31-2000
Submitted by: Jim BieleckiSend Email

Quick and easy to assemble and relatively light (around 40 pounds). The open cockpit makes entry and exit fairly easy. A fast boat with phenominal glide. A bit more tippy than the larger Kleppers, but much more stable than most hardshells. Klepper made two versions of this boat; a 1993-1995 version which is what I have, and a 1995-to-present version that has a slightly different hull design which makes the boat less tender. A great boat for a day paddle or for a weekend camping trip.