Product Reviews > Kayaks > Prijon > Tornado Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Tornado Kayak by Prijon

Rated: 8.5/10 Based On: 2 Reviews

08-24-2000
Submitted by: GlennSend Email

This is my first Kayak and I am very happy with it. My initial concerns were how difficult it would be to roll and control a boat this size. I also wanted a boat that could handle whitewater yet also be used for weekend overnight trips. This boat fits the bill perfectly. I've found it rolls easily and is very responsive, although its length is somewhat limiting on small creeks . The size gives a feeling of saftey when facing large rapids, the boat will literally plow through rough stuff. If it does fill with water it is a heavy lift to drain it, but it is well balanced and easy to portage. It is very durable, the Prijon plastic wears well. You can pack alot of equipment in this boat yet still have the benefits of a whitewater kayak.

07-22-2000
Submitted by: JimSend Email

Good down river boat for larger paddlers and self supporting trips. I have been paddling one for a year now on various rivers and like it fine. plastic is great. It is roomy and confortable I am 5'8'' tall and weigh 240lbs I can put a lot of gear in the stern to go camping for a weekend. Some kayaks I tried made me feel like I was in a coffin not this one, if you're just learning wet exits are easy to do and is easy to roll. it is fairly fast and tracts fairly well for the rocker it has. It seems to do everything well for a good all around boat. On the down side it is a bit long for tight technical stuff and dosn't tract as well as some, however it would be great for high volume rivers and big water.

YakClips: