Product Reviews > Kayaks > Necky Kayaks > Gliss Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Gliss Kayak by Necky Kayaks

Rated: 9.25/10 Based On: 8 Reviews

03-26-2008
Submitted by: Dave BSend Email

Bought the Gliss second-hand on a friends recommendation. It is a good all-rounder; really stable as a returning paddler after a 15 year break. I've mostly used this boat for river running it is a real pleasure and plays well. It's also very competent in the surf. The only down is it does get a little cramped on long runs. Just need to get out check those rapids to sort this. Removed the foot rests put foam in much more comfortable. Pleasure to paddle

09-10-2002
Submitted by: B.Send Email

The Necky is one of the nicest boats I have ever paddled. I could do with some better padding but the performance blows most other boats away. You can play in the necky and take it on the river just as easily. The necky is a grat boat to buy.

02-20-2001
Submitted by: AlexSend Email

This boat is the nicest boat I have ever paddled. It goes well on flatwater(important for river-running) before paddling this I paddled a RPM. I could sort of get it to do a piruette , but the volume in the front sucked...I hopped in a Gliss and it is so short-the first thing it did in the hole was a piruette! soon i was doing blunts, cartwheels, endo's, tailstands...and I have only been paddling for a few years! it was a little cramped after a little while but you can remove the foorpegs for more room. Also by removing the foam pillar in the front i had much more to work with. rolls like a dream, although VERY unforgiving - the edges grab to anything and will flip you, it is a very wet boat, though not as wet as a medievil...stay wet.

12-22-2000
Submitted by: EvgenySend Email

Great boat for beginner. It's forgiving for slight errors but requires some control. A boat I'd advise to start with. The onlyt disadvantage that it's not as comfortable as I want it to be.

12-14-2000

The gliss was a very smooth working machine, I was impressed with what you could get away with at the bottom of the hole, myself and a couple of friends put the Gliss through it's paces at our favorite play hole. I got some very nice enders and stern squirts out of the hole with it, a very smooth turning boat, 360's were easy just using the boat edges. When first looking at the kayak I was thinking that that big wide back end was gona get caught in the wave, wrong, never caught once, unless I made it catch. The Gliss could use a bit better padding on the under side of the deck for your knees, there is none, foot pegs were easy to ajust, liked that, but being metal they sucked the cold in a bit...I was paddling this 3 days ago, air temp. was -4 and the water had a little bit of that ice cream head ache thing going on after a roll...speaking of roll it does that well, I always had it up right at the edge of the hole...water temp. might have been a bit of a motivator. A good boat for some one moving to a boat with edges, not a super fast boat but definately FUN!!

11-20-2000
Submitted by: glissgirlSend Email

The Gliss rips. It's a great river runner, can surf the tiniest or the biggest waves and can do squirts and 360's with ease. A good solid boat.

09-22-2000

Great boat for getting into surfing, 360's, and squirts. This boat is extremely smooth on a wave. If you do a quick spin on a wave- the front automatically pops up. The only down fall is the cockpit room. I am 5'9" and have size 10 feet and I fit fine in the boat- but after a while, I do get cramped. I don't recommend this boat for long river runs because the area in the boat is not large. I paddled it down the Chattooga river for five hours and my legs were very sore- but for short river runs this boat is great.

07-18-2000
Submitted by: NickSend Email

I think that this boat is one of the best that i have tried for surfing. It is very easy to handle in the wave and for tricks. The boat is just incredible.

Zoar Outdoor
Free Shipping on all New Kayaks!

NRS: