Product Reviews > Kayaks > Pygmy Boats > GoldenEye Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for GoldenEye Kayak by Pygmy Boats

Rated: 9.33/10 Based On: 3 Reviews

03-21-2013
Submitted by: Barry CochranSend Email

I had my Golden Eye Hi built for me. I needed extra room in the cockpit and which was added to make it 19x34. Perfect for old legs to get in and out of! Everyone loves the look and finish. I get stopped all the time and asked questions about her. She is light and a beauty to behold! She gets a nine for looks alone. Tracks straight and no need for a rudder. She is worth the build!

09-06-2000
Submitted by: Dan PSend Email

My GoldenEye HI is the best thing I ever did for me. How anything so pretty was built by my hands is beyond me. I've had it for over 3 years and it is still holding up well. Most days I pass up the plastic to enjoy the Goldie. Besides that 25 extra pounds is a drag.

06-18-2000
Submitted by: Bob PhillipsSend Email

Light. Tracks straight without a rudder in any wind. As good or better than any plastic or fiberglass boat I've tried. I added removeable hatches to keep the nice lines of the wooden decks. Easily built, but required a whole lot of sanding to get the finish I wanted. Seat back is OK, but needed a wedge under the Thermarest butt pad for comfort. I toss mine on the roof of an RV with one hand for the boat and one hand for the ladder.