Product Reviews > Kayaks > Necky Kayaks > Nootka Outfitter Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Nootka Outfitter Kayak by Necky Kayaks

Rated: 9.67/10 Based On: 3 Reviews

04-13-2009
Submitted by: PeterSend Email

We bought way back in 2001 and so far it's been a great boat. We've been in the San Juan Islands exclusively and have been able to take everything with us. Seems the greater the load packed in, the steadier she glides... I call her 'our frigate'. As the other reviewer stated, it takes breaking waves/swells over the bow well. Always safe in this boat.
Thanks Necky.

10-23-2000
Submitted by: BillSend Email

We have had our Nootka Outfitter for about a year now. We bought the boat primarily for it's comfort and stablity. We are very comfortable in this boat in any condictions. We have been out in fairly rough conditions with waves breaking over the bow giving my wife a very wet ride (she is usually in the forward seat). We have never felt unstable or where we have had to make any serious brace strokes to stay upright. We have not been on any extended trips. We mostly do day trips. We do day trips in comfort. We have had some rather elaborate pic-nics. On a secluded beach, lounging in our folding camp chairs, table spread out with wine, bread and cheese, reading the latest issue of Sea Kayaking magazine. Since we purchased our Outfitter, we have been out on the average, at least once a week. We are in Northeren California where there is good paddling water every where, lakes, rivers, wetlands, bays (year around). We very much enjoy our Outfitter. Hauling a 100lb 22 ft Kayak is not an easy task. We have delt with that aspect very well. I made a support brace for the front of my Jeep Wrangler, installed a Yakima rack system with rollers. Most of the time I can load or unload the boat myself. We travel from Montery to Tahoe hauling our Outfitter. It's an awesome sight, the Jeep Wrangler with a green 22 ft. Kayak on top. We give our Outfitter a 10 of 10. Great Boat!

06-10-2000

My wife and I just purchased this boat, and so far we like it very much. This boat is great for people who want to get away from it all, and take alot of stuff with them! The middle storage compartment between the cockpits is huge. We can fit everything, (and I do mean everything), we need for a weekend outing, in the middle compartment alone! Actually, this boat may be to big for the kind of weekend warrior stuff that we do. It truely is an expedition caliber unit. We would give this boat 10 out of 10, but the brochure said that this boat would be around 85lbs in kevlar, and it actually weighes in at just under 100lbs. Kind of a bummer considering we have to transport it on top of an SUV. Anyway, overall this is a great boat with tons of storage.

Zoar Outdoor
Free Shipping on all New Kayaks!