Product Reviews > Kayaks > Dagger > Response Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Response Kayak by Dagger

Rated: 8.75/10 Based On: 4 Reviews

08-29-2005

Still have my boat 10 years later. It was the first boat I bought. I bought it used and it has been very used but is still kicking. It is my primary fishing boat. I mounted a rod holder and have fished in ponds, creeks, rivers and often on Lake Ontario for salmon. I also have taken it on weeklong trips, yes I pack light but it always kept up with the canoes. Other boats have come and gone, well I still have a couple of others but, the Response is the old standby. My favorite activity is surfing after storms on the ocean. Other boats were better at that. I still have trouble doing anything but side surfing when the waves are bigger than 4-5 feet but that is OK. I have also had it stand on the end in the sand with a wave crashing over me, trying to get through the surf zone. Has been and still is a sound, solid boat.

05-07-2001

I have owned a Response for about 8 years now. I have enjoyed the all around performance and comfort of the boat. The cross linked poly is very strong and still. It surfs very well, enders are a blast, and it handles river running great. I am 6'1" and 205 lbs. and find it very comfortable. I recently got back into paddling and will be going to a lower volume play-boat. I would like to keep the response but finances make it necessary to sell it to help pay for a new boat (looking at the Dagger Centrifuge). I would recommend this boat to beginnersand intermediates for surfing, intermediate paddlers for playing in bigger water and beginner to expert for river running.

08-25-2000
Submitted by: Mark S.Send Email

I have spent the last summer learning to kayak in a Response I picked up at a bargain price. Being a fairly aggressive learner, I knew I would 'outgrow' the boat and eventually have to upgrade to a more responsive playboat (I am currently looking at the RPM Max.) Although dated, the boat has been a joy to learn in. It is quick, responsive and tracks well. Learning to roll was a snap (no pun intended). Although it won't get you into any advanced surfing or play moves, it is a good all-around boat for casual river running. With the roomy cockpit and high volume design, I'm going to hang on to it for longer trips and over- nighters.

05-31-2000

One of, if not the first, of Dagger's entries in the plastic kayak market and although discontinued, still one of the best river running designs ever conceived if you can find a good used one. The only thing keeping it from being a 10 is that for large legged guys like me(6'4" 200#,) the cockpit is slightly smaller than the current generation of large keyhole rims making quick exit difficult to do. Had Dagger seen fit to retool this mold and put in the current large cockpit, it would be the only kayak I'd own. Alas, I went with an Outyburst and teach out of itquite happily the Response is stable quick, turns way well enough for beginners, but it may have been a victim ofthe sahort boat/rodeo craze. Unquestionably one of the best hulls ever put on the river and a super general purpose boat.

Rendezvous River Sports
Zoar Outdoor
Free Shipping on all New Kayaks!