Product Reviews > Kayaks > Sea Eagle > 330 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for 330 Kayak by Sea Eagle

Rated: 7.94/10 Based On: 18 Reviews

330 Kayak by Sea Eagle

Length: 11' 2" - Width: 34.00" - Starting at: $239.00
See More Details about this Kayak
Sea Eagle Logo

08-14-2013

Sea Eagle from yard sale next door was older but still functional. It was reasonable for 1 man with cooler but 2 guys around 6' 200 lbs were cramped and it was sitting low in water so not efficient. Good for lazy paddling but watch for rocks and sticks near shore.

03-01-2013

I am 76 years old and not new to boats, so I sort of knew what to look for and my 330 has given be great performance and safety. I have taken it on the rivers and lakes around my home in Florida with great satisfaction.

I would buy Sea Eagle again with no reservations. The ease with which I can carry and load my 330 in and out of my car is fantastic because I need no racks, trailers or large vehicle. I give it a big number 10!

01-07-2013

Purchased my 330 as a first kayak. With a price for the entire package at $300.00, this was the perfect entry level kayak I could find. A friend recommended one after he purchased his, I'm glad I listened to his recommendation!

All in all, the package comes with two seats (different depending on which package you purchase), two 4-piece paddles around 230cm in length, the kayak, a foot pump with attachments, and a repair kit in a floating/waterproof necklace.

I first paddled with my friend in his, I will admit, a big downfall for this kayak is when it is used as a tandem. Two people are typically cramped into the kayak leaving the person in back with minimal leg room.

When used solo, the weight capacity and proper positioning of the seat makes this kayak breeze through the water. With a 500lbs weight capacity, you can really load this thing down. I've done overnight trips in my SE330 on slow rivers and it surpasses expectations.

The material may look like "pool toy" inflatable, but in truth, the kayak is extremely durable. I've accidentally ran it into protruding branches and skid across countless rocks and there has never been a scratch afterwards.

Inflation and setup takes a single person roughly 15 minutes and the carrying bag is large enough to fit everything in and light enough that most people should not have any trouble carrying it to the vehicles or entry points.

The balance is incredible and almost impossible to tip over. I recommend this kayak package to someone who is looking to start kayaking but isn't sure on proper techniques while in the water. It is a great source to learn from and very forgiving when it comes to not being able to avoid debris.

05-02-2011

We are in our 60's and love our SeaEagle. We are cautious, but have found we can go most anywhere we want. We recently took it to Hawaii and kayaked with Manta Rays, Sea Turtles, a Monk Seal and Whales. We purchased a rechargeable pump that makes inflating easy. We do have to top it off with the foot pump. We also purchased the better seats, and they are great. And we don't need a roof carrier. We just roll it up in a tote box in the trunk. It is important to clean it (blow it up, use a little liquid soap, rinse, let dry and roll up.) Also keep out of sun when not in use. We love it.

08-12-2010
Submitted by: LarrySend Email

Well it said 10 days and sure enough it took 10 days to get here from New York, I am in California. On the 11th day took it out to the local lake. It comes in a cardboard box. Then another cardboard box. So make sure you have a sharp knife to open the boxes. Once opened, out comes the instruction manual and the paddles. everything is in it's own plastic sheath. Have to cut this away also.

Once the Sea Eagle is on the ground, first thing you notice is the air valves have an O-Ring, it takes 7 of these O-Rings before you can put any air into the sea eagle. The O-Ring installation is no easy task. It took me two hours to get the 7 O-Rings on the valve stems.

The air pump works excellently and hopefully will continue for some time to come. It weighs about 50 lbs inflated. So if portage is a problem need two people to carry it. Once down to the edge of the water it is not easy to get into, as the sides will give way under your weight, so it is a hurry up proposition. Once in I was on my knees and getting into the seat was not easy either. As I moved one leg the bottom of the kayak would raise up so the stability is questionable. Someone said you could stand up, better be a good swimmer.

Once in the seat, the bottom scraped the mud and I was stuck, so rather than get out and in again, I used the paddle to try and push off the mud. That was easier said than done. Finally with some scooting and pushing and getting mud on and in the kayak I was finally sea born. Yahoo, the paddling is not easy, it takes some concerted effort and the wind will push you back in the mud.

Over all somewhat impressed. Next time will get someone to go with me.

09-21-2009
Submitted by: JKSend Email

I recently bought a Sea Eagle 330 and I like it a lot. It handles and tracks much better than I expected it to. The portability is also a big plus. My only concern is that someone told me that they had one and stored it to find out it disintegrated. Does anyone know how to prevent this?

09-04-2009
Submitted by: MichaelSend Email

Just took our second trip on our 330. We love it. We called it the paddle pillow. We watched the sun set in the gulf off Long Boat Key, Florida and saw dolphins jump. The boat flexes with the swells of the water which makes for a smooth and pleasant ride. Not to mention the comfort of the "air mattress" feel. It is such a nice place to sit. Our other trip was on a lake and it moved nicely through the calm water.
We paid $200.00 with shipping for ours on Amazon, Yes, It was new. I say buy one if you want to have fun.

08-20-2009
Submitted by: Sully KSend Email

Good for value. Doesn't have the best tracking on flatwater unless used with 2 people,doesn't bail that quick, for whitewater use it is best used without seat for added stability. Good kayak, would buy again. Also I don't care what anyone else says but these are bullet proof. I paddled a total of around 100 miles in this kayak over rocks, trees, twigs and the ground. No holes at all.

I hit the river about 1-2 times a month and this kayak never lets me down. Also I can fit 2 boats with all accessories in the small trunk of my rx8 that also has a large sub box in it. E-mail me if you have any questions.

06-25-2008

We like our Sea Eagle 330.
But before you buy, check into local water restrictions... in So. Cal. the lifeguards will shut you down in a heartbeat... no inflatables of any sort are allowed on the ocean down here!!

08-20-2007
Submitted by: JeffSend Email

I have made one 23 mile trip down the Yellowstone river with the SE 330. It was a great boat I plan on using it for several years until I get into the sport more to upgrade.

Just a few minor problems I had in case you are looking to buy one. I am 6'2" 220lbs so some of the problems have to do with my size. In shallow water, when I went over rocks at a slower speed, I got stuck and had to get out to move the boat to deeper water. I know more of this has to with the the fact that my rear sits in the water a little lower than others might so I have to deal with it.

I only used one seat and when I centered it in the boat, it kept slipping to the back of the boat. I had to use the air pump and a hand held water cooler to wedge in between the seat and the end of the boat. When I did this, it was a very comfortable ride and my back didn't get sore even after 7 hours. I am going to buy something to use as a wedge otherwise the seat will keep moving.

The other thing I didn't like is that there isn't any rope on the sides so you can tie down your gear. I ran a rope around and made my own to clip my stuff to. It works good. For a guy my size, I had enough room for a cooler of beer between my legs and some food and my other stuff clipped in front of my feet. Not a problem for a day trip but maybe to small of a boat for an overnight trip. When I do take it on an overnight trip, I plan on sleeping in the boat, its that comfortable.

This boat is very easy to turn and paddle. Yes, you have to steer it to keep it straight, but thats what I bought it for, a workout. I went through some class 2s and I never had a problem, and it was a very fun ride. I didn't even take the bailing plug out and I hardly got any water in the boat except when I tried to get out after a few too many Buds... but that's my fault.

If you're looking to get started like I am, this is a very good boat to start with. $350 to your door, 10 minutes to pump it up and another 10 to load you stuff and you are ready to go. I will update after some more trips, but it was a good start.

06-02-2007
Submitted by: geosurSend Email

I've owned my SeaEagle for 6 years now. It is almost impossible to sink or tip it. It goes over most everything except sharp sticks in the creeks. It recommend it for deep water where there are no threat of sharp objects in the water. In the 6 years, I have had one hole I was able to patch and going again in 15 minutes.
The last trip did it in. Took 2 sticks to the bottom and side. Not repairable this time. Not good for storage. Simply a day tripper. Turn quick, but does glide well. Must paddle hard and continuously.

09-19-2005
Submitted by: jrSend Email

Bought a used sea eagle 330, came in 2 boxes. Paid about $90.00 for shipping, I live in Hawai'i. No instructions on how much to inflate, called salespeople for answers, they vaguely knew what they were talking about. Decent product for the money, but there are better kayaks out there (Sevylor, Innova). Not satisfied at all. All because of what they don't know about their own products!

05-22-2005
Submitted by: srikanth SyamsundarSend Email

I tried the Sea Eagle 330 in Lake George.

Setup was not bad -- but I couldnít get the seat into the kayak ..I am not sure if I have to inflate the seat or the kayak first ... the instructional video shows inflating the kayak First.. I am not too sure. Secondly the inflation pressure is big guessing game. The inflation template that came with the kayak clearly has a problem as the circular reference showed under-inflation while the linear scale showed over-inflation. I had no help, and just used the 3/4 inch depression thumb rule as suggested by the instructional video.

In the waters .. despite the skegs, the tracking was lousy ( Compared to hardshells I am used to). I bought this inflatable due to space and budget constrains. I found that I had to compensate every other stroke - it was quite frustrating actually.. to make things worse, the kayak listed about couple degree to the port side even though both the port and the starboard tubes were inflated to roughly the same amount.

I tried the kayak out on the 31st day after purchase .. So I canít return it.. If you but it ...TRY IT and make use of their return policy.

09-03-2003

I liked my 330 very well - I could get it inflated in about 10 minutes & it was very stable - I ran it thru class 2 rapids regularly & class 3 the Lower Saluda (Mill Race Rapid) on occasion - however trying mill race at 9000 cfs killed it graveyard dead (didn't do me much good either) - I especially would recommend it for those seeking a minimum entry level boat - for not so much $$ you can find out if the sport is your cup - I never had problems with punctures (except for that last run) but had to repair seams several times due to over inflation from sun heat.

07-19-2002

I tried the 330 because it offered a lot for the price, and the company has a very fair return poilcy (full refund except for shipping) which they honored. Unfortunately the 330 did not perform well in the bay where I live; I was tired after 50 yards of paddling in 1 -2 foot swells. The boat did track well, but I found it unstable and cramped for a large framed individual. I would recommend it highly as a fun boat for calm waters if you are not in any hurry. It also inflates and sets up very quickly and easily.

02-19-2001
Submitted by: ValSend Email

I am just about to deep-six my old Sea Eagle 330 after about 15 years of regular use, and I'll sorely miss it. I used it mostly for paddling around quiet salt creeks and marshes with my two Labs. Only once in all that time did they manage to rock the boat enough to dump me out! The big pluses: lightweight, extremely stable, easy to transport & store, inflates by footpump in a few minutes. Also relatively inexpensive, especially back when I bought mine. The few minuses: susceptible to blowing in the wind, not very roomy, usually wet (always wet with two large, wet dogs in it), very wet and crowded with two adults and two large dogs in it, and puncturable. An old repaired puncture that just won't stay repaired is the cause of my canoe's demise.

09-13-2000

We bought a 330 and tried it once. Although light-weight and easy to pack, we found the floor setup conspired against any sort of moderate speed at all. When the front/bottom digs in, the boat wants to swap ends big time. A skag kit might help. We also found the 33 mil Polykrylar material to be a bit light and had concerns about stumps, sticks, and rocks, although I suspect it is stronger than we give it credit for. The limits on inflation made the boat seem "mushy", and as my wife is disabled, this caused problems with her moving around. The boat in general seemed a bit small for us. We traded the 330 in for a 380X, and are much happier with this boat. The 330 is a good boat if you don't need a lot. If just starting out in the inflatable world, go for the package deals that include a pump, paddles, seat, etc. Otherwise, spring the extra green for the 380X, and the smile-o-meter will be red-lined all the time. SeaEagle is a great company to do business with. I can highly recommend their products.

05-09-2000
Submitted by: DannySend Email

If you are a broke ass just out off college loser like me who wants to enjoy throwing a canoe on the lake or the river on the weekend, this sea eagle works great. I bought mine last year, and I have dragged this thing as far as my old Toyota will take me. I have not had it on class 3 rapids like the catalog says it is capable of, but I believe it could, its very stable, I can actually stand up in it. I guess its because all the buoyancy is on the side or something, I donít know for sure, I am sort of a dumbass when it comes to stuff like that. Hey, the thing works damn good, and if you live in a dive like I do, and you look silly as hell trying to cram a canoe that is bigger than the hell hole you live in, well this sea eagle will do the trick. Get a good air pump that plugs in your cars power point (hey, they donít call 'em cigarette lighters anymore) because it takes about a half an hour to fill this bastard up by hand... err foot I mean. It says you can throw it in a back pack, but I donít know if thatís true, I cant afford a back pack. If I ever get the coin for a fancy backpack I will try and let you know how it goes. If you are into that sort of thing. Seagle has a nice website too, you can go there and chat with the customer service people that work there, I harassed them for a while and they thought I was zany or something. Over all, a fine product though. I recommend it.

Sawyer Paddles: