Product Reviews > Accessories > MTI Reflex PFD Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for MTI Reflex PFD

Rated: 8.2/10 Based On: 5 Reviews

MTI Adventurewear Logo
See Products from MTI Adventurewear in the Buyers' Guide!
MTI Adventurewear in the Buyers' Guide:
  • Canine PFD
  • Recreational PFD's
  • Angler's PFD's

12-16-2005

Picked for comfort AND for being the only good-fitting PFD that fits nearly everybody, so I use it for friends or as a backup. No need to choose between S/M and L/XL, and at $60 really a no-brainer. Indeed my $130 Extrasport Saber is much more subtle-feeling, especially at the shoulder and upper torso areas...really fits like a good sports jacket. The Reflex is indeed boxier, but so far the perfect unisex/unisize under $100.

07-05-2005

This PFD is comfortable, well made, rugged and durable. Only drawback is that if you have a bit of a gut it tends to ride up on your body. This is only an issue when swimming. I use mine for surf kayaking and I have to tighten it very tightly because of the large arm holes, several times I've had it pulled over my head during bad wipeouts in big waves. Astral makes PFDs that fit those of us with mid-drift bulge better.

07-04-2005
Submitted by: LarrySend Email

I got this PFD as part of a package deal with my kayak, so price was not relevant. Very adjustable, comfortable, and looks to be well made.

08-01-2002

Very reasonably priced at a local dealer....$59. I like the 2 velcro front mesh pockets....wish it had a D-ring for keys, etc. though. It has the middle front zip.....no over-the-head side zip for me. Extremely adjustable with side and shoulder straps. I've adjusted it for a 130 lb friend to my 220 lb husband. It's cut a bit long so may ride up a bit with a spray skirt (my boat has a high cockpit) but I snub the shoulders tighter and pretty much solves the problem. It has large armholes and is quite comfortable. I think it was a great buy and I'd never buy a PFD without adjustable shoulders or a pocket. Just adds to it's versatility.

04-25-2000
Submitted by: Chris

Comfy, functional pfd that doesn't get in the way while paddling or fishing. Extra points for low price ($60 at REI).