Product Reviews > Accessories > Shaw&Tenney Penobscot Beavertail Paddle Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Shaw&Tenney Penobscot Beavertail Paddle

Research Paddles in the Buyers' Guide!
Paddles
View Paddles in Buyers' Guide

02-22-2001
Submitted by: WoodcanoeguySend Email

Their paddles are incredible, light, strong, beautiful, and 100% organic. We use thenm on all trips and sell many in our canoeshop.

02-20-2001

This is a nice paddle except for the handle. It may be fine for those with small hands, but not for even average size hands. The manufacturer's Racine model has a better handle, but its round shaft is not comfortable. Plus the Penobscot handle has sharp edges, and if you sand them down, it is even smaller. Otherwise, a fine paddle, though I would prefer an oil finish rather than the slippery and chippable varnish.

01-27-2000

I own two beautiful Shaw & Tenney solid ash beavertails. They are very strong and stand up to incredible abuse. In my opinion they are perfectly designed with an exquisitely tapered beavertail blade. They have outstanding craftsmanship, great wood, great design. Shaw & Tenney make truly great paddles. I use mine almost exclusively.

The Penobscot is dead silent in the water. That helps when you want to creep up on stuff After a couple of years, I did put some fiberglass on the tip of my favorite paddle... just to give it a little boost since I am a little bit irresponsible when it comes to caring for this paddle. Nuf said... they are inexpensive and a superior product. Buy one.