Product Reviews > Kayaks > Wave Sport, Inc. > Forplay Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Forplay Kayak by Wave Sport, Inc.

Rated: 9.6/10 Based On: 5 Reviews

08-19-2002

I am just starting out in white water kayaking, and bought the forplay as my first kayak. I am 6'2" 160lbs, and the kayak fits me great. I am just learning, but have found the forplay to be an increadable kayak. It is more forgiving than other white water boats I have been in, and seems to be a boat that will let me advance, and not leave me looking for another. Overall I really enjoy my Wave Sport Forplay and would recomend it to anyone interested in a good all around white water kayak.

06-18-2001

I bought the forplay on may 5th of 2001. Although I have been paddling in lessons for 4 years. I am a decent paddler. I acheived 6th out of 12 at animas river days in the junior expert class. I am 13, 135 lbs, and 5'9". This boat is great I can surf all day and then cruise down the rest of the river to the take out. The carving and spinning is unbeleivable and it actually helped me to throw my first aerial blunt on corner pocket wave this weekend. Bottom line this boat is great. and I would encourage any intermediate to advanced paddler to demo and/or buy it. (Try to get the F.A.T. outfitting, its great).

01-12-2001

This boat is one of the best slicey playboats for the average sized paddler. Easy to initiate on both ends, loves to carve back and forth while surfing, easy to roll (compared to Riot boats), and comfortable. (5'9", 180 pounds, size 9.5 shoes).The hull speed comes in handy river running. Tends to pearl rather easily with the slightest forward lean, which can be a + or - dep on where you are.

03-13-2000
Submitted by: H.R. HallSend Email

Still love this particular kayak. I got to paddle the Centrifuge, and will keep the ForPlay! The Centrifuge is better than the Medieval, but did not convince me to sell my ForPlay. I have already owned two. I sold the first one due to color, but went out and bought another ForPlay over the Centrifuge. Buy the ForPlay it is well worth the money.

01-24-2000
Submitted by: H.R. HallSend Email

I tell you the kayak industry keeps getting better and better! I know that it is hard to keep up with whats best, but this kayak tops all that I have owned. I am a Dagger loyalist and have owned a Vertigo, Redline, and Medieval. Wave Sport has an incredible playboat! The first thing about it is the ease of play, the second thing is the comfort factor. In the Medieval my feet(size 11 and EEE) always had a blister on the edge of my big toes, no joke. The For Play has tons of room and then some! No Cramping and stuffing here!

I am 6' and 200lbs. so I can pretty much throw anything around on flat water, but this kayak has been the easiest of all. It also has better cruising speed than the rest, but this comfort cannot be beat. Dagger had better do as great job on the Centifuge coming up. The Medieval is still a great kayak as was the others, it's just this whole thing of having the latest and greatest kayak every year is driving me crazy. It is like computers, you cannot keep up. Luckily, the kayaks keep getting better! Unless the Centrifuge is as comfortable and easy to initiate as the For Play, Wave Sport might have my loyalty with Playboats( I still love that Gradient!) Demo both kayaks before you buy, I think it will come down to the Centifuge and the Fore Play this year.

Rendezvous River Sports
Zoar Outdoor
Free Shipping on all New Kayaks!