Product Reviews > Kayaks > Perception > Sparc Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Sparc Kayak by Perception

Rated: 7.33/10 Based On: 6 Reviews

07-13-2005
Submitted by: KWSend Email

I'm a beginner and bought this bought on the fly. I'm six foot and 155 and I would definitely recommend a larger boat for anyone around my size. I wasn’t comfortable at all and I'm looking to trade for a bigger boat. However if the boat had fit it does seem well worth the money, it was stable, fast enough for me and did surf well.

07-11-2005
Submitted by: FJLSend Email

Why do they make these? I call them 'poke' boats...they are OK for poking around a pond, but that's it. Frankly I find the one I bought to get my friends and family to get out with me, a very DANGEROUS boat in any kind of MOVING water! It's a poke boat. Go on e-bay and buy a real boat that's slightly used for $250 bucks and not a new poke boat.

07-29-2003
Submitted by: adventurebelleSend Email

This was my first boat and it's great for the eager beginner: stable, easy to roll, easy to control. I am 5'9", 135 lbs, so it fit well. Surfing is ok. Given my size and the volume of the boat, I never could manage a stern squirt. If you want a bit more playful river runner, you might want to check out an RPM too (easier to stern squirt)

10-23-2000
Submitted by: JA

This is a nimble river-running kayak with a modest hull speed and good maneuverability. As a beginner I loved the way it zipped into eddies and I drew the envy of my paddling class by virtue of the ease with which this boat rolls. I don't quite agree with Perception about it's surfing ability, though. It's not the wave spanker that they hype it up to be as the nose loves to pearl.

07-30-2000
Submitted by: PAJSend Email

What can I say that has not been said in the first review? I've just returned to kayaks after a 20 year lay-off (I'm now 39 years old) And this boat proved to be an excellent choice. Like the other reviewer I too am a little too big for the boat, and should have bought an Arc. I use it mainly for surfing around the west coast of Britain (SW Wales). It is a 10 out of 10 surf boat: Fast and agile, but only an 8 out of 10 general purpose (too short for speed). Being more objective, the boat is stable enough for a beginner, agile enough for an expert and you can use it for most types of kayaking (except touring/camping).

12-04-1999
Submitted by: DarrenSend Email

My first boat. I give it a 10 because it is easy to roll. Once I fitted the boat properly, I rolled it 10 out of 10 times in the lake. I am 5'11" and 165 and probably should have bought the larger ARC, but the SPARC is all a new paddler needs to learn.

Zoar Outdoor
Free Shipping on all New Kayaks!
Rendezvous River Sports