Product Reviews > Kayaks > Prijon > T-Slalom Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for T-Slalom Kayak by Prijon

04-25-2005
Submitted by: btSend Email

Hey my old boat rocks. I mean I have not much to compare it with. I live in Iowa and during spring I like to do creek runs down flooded creeks. I like it because itís maneuverable yet it TRACKS!!!!! Most boats are a compromise and all I know is I donít like to go out on a boat and do corrective strokes all day. This boat goes where I want it and yet tracks decent. If you want to trade for a sit on top I will do it but it must be same length or longer than mine and track well!

04-18-2005
Submitted by: Steve JSend Email

What a boat. Can't beat it for a high volume tourer, great play boat in big water. I paddled this boat many times on the upper Inn on the Swiss/Austrian border in big flood several times when I was raft guide in Austria. Many guys had smaller boats and got trashed big-time, but the T-slalom was great.

Carves turns like slalom boat, has excellent upstream boat speed, and punches waves excellent.

I bought it in the UK in 1985 and have used it throughout Europe, the UK, rivers and ocean, and brought it home to Australia in 89. People laugh at it now, but the tough plastic and lots of storage room sure make it a hit on long trips.

Just don't think I can sell the old girl now. She has done some miles with me and is still going strong.

03-16-2000
Submitted by: Sean Hassett

Outstanding big water boat. Performs well in all situations, but the robustness of the hard plastic means it is a little heavy. You can easily stand several people on top of it (and I have) without buckling. All that room inside can be used for stowing lots of gear for expedition trips. I've also used my T-Slalom on long ocean trips using a skeg and found it handled great and was not difficult to paddle, even in several gales of the West of Ireland. It is also an incredibly comfortable boat, which makes all the difference on a long trip.

12-04-1999
Submitted by: Randy

This is one of my favorite boats to safety boat from on the yough river in PA. I have been paddling it for going on ten years and have not had any trouble with it. It is a high volume boat great for a beginner or the bigger person afraid of the small tight boat of today.