Product Reviews > Kayaks > Dagger > Infrared Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Infrared Kayak by Dagger

Rated: 9.67/10 Based On: 6 Reviews

06-13-2012

You'll see my review 11 years ago (2001).
Purchased a Wavesport EZ -- also an older boat, a couple years later. the EZ is much more of a squeeze for my and I really bought it to pretend play -- simple stuff -- and loan to the kids. I still prefer the Infrared for Lehigh and Tohicon -- I've just never gotten advanced enough or had time to practice enough to make full use of the EZ, and I really like punching through big standing waves and riding out, grabbing eddies, and doing more of same. The Infrared does this and paddles well on the flats between fun spots. It's smaller than a Redline and more maneuverable, and I like that.

04-30-2003
Submitted by: EmmaSend Email

This boat is just so cool!! Im 5'3'' size 5 feet, and this is the first boat ive been in which i feel im in control! Given me so much confidence quick responsive and easy to roll its just ace!

07-10-2001
Submitted by: MJSSend Email

I'm new to this, am 5'9" with medium length legs and size 9 feet, (men); 170 lb. Am at the upper weight range for this boat as I understand and in some respects it feels it, in a good way. It's very responsive, not tippy, has great lines, and tracks well enough in flat water to make good headway and keep up with intermediate canoe paddlers if you're willing to work a bit.

Learned to roll on it. Sweep works nice and smooth if you lean way back. Can tip the nose under with relative ease. Let you know more as I learn more. Philadelphia area.

06-04-2001
Submitted by: jonathanSend Email

This boat is wonderful. I cut my teeth on an RPM, then tried a 3D a few times, as well as a Kinetic and Freefall. Perhaps it's me, but the Infrared, unlike any of those boats, responds and reacts to the water _exactly_ the way i want and expect it to. I'm 5'9 about 155 lbs, and the IR feels much more nimble than anything else I've been in. It has given me tremendous confidence.

It's easy to roll, the stern is just grabby enough to do fun things with and not try to flip you whenever you make a mistake, and it surfs really well. I couldn't possibly be any happier with my IR. It's got plenty of room inside for my size 9 1/2 feet, and is comfortable enough to sit in all day. :)

04-27-2000
Submitted by: yakboarder

Nothing rates a 10,but this ones a 9.I'm 5'10'&210#. Endos,retendos,flat spins,mystery moves a-plenty,carves the open wave,and creeks...closet thing to an all around boat you can get and still have fun.

09-20-1999

This bost is awesome,it surfs like a dream,squirts and does enders easily.I paddled the Redline before the Infrared and I like the Infrared better for my size [5'9" 160#].The r&d guys at Dagger did good with this boat.

Zoar Outdoor
Free Shipping on all New Kayaks!
Rendezvous River Sports