Product Reviews > Kayaks > Wave Sport, Inc. > Godzilla Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Godzilla Kayak by Wave Sport, Inc.

Rated: 8.8/10 Based On: 10 Reviews

07-03-2006
Submitted by: seth F. W.Send Email

Great boat for beginners, I have taken mine down class iv+ rapids, and waterfalls. Bought mine for $300. great for open, and whitewater. suited me comfortably for being 6', 13 shoe size and 155#.

05-09-2005

In the last two years Wavesport's customer service appears to have significantly improved since the June 2003 post.

I contacted Wavesport via the email address on the Wavesport website for some parts and outfitting advice for my now really vintage Godzilla and received prompt and friendly service.

06-09-2003
Submitted by: beejaySend Email

As a new kayaker the zilla was a logical choice for me since I'm 6' 2" and 230 pounds. As a general observation I found the boat to be very stable and forgiving. I am an experienced wave skiier and had to give it up do to excessive lower back pain. I have a back band mounted in my boat and it really makes a difference. The only down side is the total lack of support I've received from the Manufacturer, which is naturally Wave Sport! I've asked for information on customizing the cockpit a little bit repeatedly and no one at WS feels motivated to respond to me. The boat is really great for surfing ocean waves but as already stated the company that produces this product real sucks!

04-16-2003

Good for surfing, lousy for any other kind of play. Easy to roll; fine for downriver.

10-17-2001
Submitted by: steve marxSend Email

6'3" 195 lbs and this boat fits like a glove. Very comfortable and solid performing boat. This really is the "all-around" kayak for biger paddlers. It carves a wave like the playboats while keeping up whith the longer boats in the flat water and rolls efortlessly (even no paddle rolls are no challenge). I've parked my Prankster for good. I'll take the comfortable, fast and playfull Godzilla anywhere!

12-06-2000
Submitted by: COSend Email

I am very much a beginner and was looking for a used boat to buy, and I tried out a Godzilla. First of all, at 6'1", about 200 pounds, I could hardly fit my legs into it. The idea of having to do a wet exit, pretty well killed any thought I had of buying it. It handled OK for my limited knowledge, but I found it tough to roll and needed a few t-rescues, which even at my level, I typically do not. The owner is 5'6", so I sent e-mail to Wavesport through their web site asking what could be done in terms of adjustment of the seat, thigh braces, whatever, to make it a safe boat for a 6'1" beginner. Unfortunately, Wavesport never bothered to respond. So much for the Godzilla - I bought an RPM Max.

09-18-2000

I'm a rookie kayaker, a veteran open boater. The knees started going, so my friends convinced me to make the change. After much research, I started looking for a used Godzilla, which seemed very similar to a Dagger RPM, my first choice, but with a little more room for my size 12 feet. At 165#, I thought the RPM Max had too much volume. I lucked into a used Godzilla with only one pool session and no scratches.The dealer outfitted the boat for me, and several days later I was on the Nantahala River hoping for the best. From the first minute in the water, I felt comfortable and pretty stable. I was able to roll the boat with relative ease, and thoroughly enjoyed how the boat managed standing waves and big holes. Since I had almost no experience in a kayak prior to buying the Godzilla, I elected to stay out of any risky eddies, but will become more adventurous in the future. This boat is quite a lot of fun, and with paddling buddies like the famous rollmeister "Nelson Eddy", I can't wait to get back on the water. The Godzilla is one great boat! Why the heck did Wave Sport discontinue it?

06-17-2000

A great all around boat. Very comfortable, easy to handle and very predictable. I have had mine on creeks and big water and was very pleased with it's performance. If you were only able to own one boat, this would be one to consider.

02-29-2000

Everything that Drupa said is true for me. We even paddled the same previous boat. The only thing I would add is that the Godzilla is amazingly stable. It's very easy to gently drop your shoulder into the water and brace back up. I still haven't gotten mine outfitted as comfortably as I would like. The boat wasn't as immediately butt-friendly to me as Dagger and Perception boats are. But there is a ton of room. I used Perception hip pads and had to shim them out 1/2" on each side with foam.

09-14-1999
Submitted by: DrupaSend Email

Sold my Pirouette and purchased the Godzilla. I wanted a bit more play without sacrificing the ability to run big water. With 9 less gallons than the P, the Godzilla comes in at a middle of the road 60 gallons. It is also about two feet shorter than my Pirouette. The Godzilla incorporates a planing hull and is an aggressive surfer. The outfitting is superb (although the integrated back support didn't cut it - I installed a back band). The Godzilla is marketed as a larger paddler's boat but it doesn't feel "chunky". At 5'11 / 185#, I feel just snug enough in this boat. It has ample leg room but doesn't feel loose. The Godzilla's measurements are comparable to a Perception Whiplash. The bow volume is perfect for surfing but initiates easily for play moves. The boat also rolls easily (more so than the Pirouette I had).

This is definitely the boat for folks who don't want to buy into kayaking as a purely rodeo sport. This boat allows MUCH more utility than the park and play boats found everywhere. This boat gives you BIG options. You can play hard at the hole, then run boiling rapids down river. A nice, well made boat.

Zoar Outdoor
Free Shipping on all New Kayaks!
Rendezvous River Sports