Product Reviews > Kayaks > West Side Boat Shop > Wave Exceed Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Wave Exceed Kayak by West Side Boat Shop

Rated: 9.5/10 Based On: 4 Reviews

02-06-2012
Submitted by: rasSend Email

I paddled the EFT and the Wave and preferred the Wave; it has a snuger feel to it.

07-15-2003
Submitted by: wmfSend Email

This is truly one of the world's great kayaks. I own 6 boats 4 expressly for racing and the wave exceed is always my first choice (when I can choose).

04-16-2001

The Exceed was my first performance/racing boat. While I own a paddling business and can paddle boats of various manufacturers the Exceeds is my first choice to paddle. I've raced the boat in the 6 mile and 12 mile events at the Captiva Classic on several occassions and have finished no worse than second in my class and 6th overall. The boat tracks great, surfs well in a following sea and with practice handles beam seas well. It rolls easily even with a wing paddle. It is a very comfortable boat given it's purpose in life. The materials and workmanship are first class and it is easy to build a bond with this boat. I recommend having Doug install rigging behind the deck for use in a paddle float re-entry should a roll fail. This is simply an added safety recommendation as I've never had to do a combat roll in the boat. I'm looking forward to paddling Doug Bushnell's new "Thunderbolt".

09-09-1999
Submitted by: Fred LudwigSend Email

Depending upon your aspirations, this could be the only boat you'll ever need. Designed as an ocean racer, it is fast; but as racing boats go, it is quite stable--not so tippy as a wildwater K-1, yet noticeably faster. As water conditions deteriorate, the boat seems to perform even better. The Exceed remains comfortable even after 3 hours of steady paddling. Weight? About 29# in kevlar; some lighter in carbon. Workmanship? It is hard to beat a Doug Bushnell boat. I have been paddling and racing kayaks and canoes for about 18 years, owning over 30 different boats during that time--this boat is a winner!