Product Reviews > Canoes > Mohawk Canoes > XL 12 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for XL 12 Canoe by Mohawk Canoes

Rated: 7.67/10 Based On: 3 Reviews

Canoes
Research Canoes in the Buyers' Guide!

Select Canoe to View in Buyers' Guide

06-14-2006
Submitted by: PRSend Email

I've paddled whitewater for a few years now and I love the XL12 My first time in it I was on the West Branch of the Penobscot and I thought I was a stable boat. It handles good. Eaiser to Handle then an XL13 but just as stable. Actually looking to buy one.

08-07-2005
Submitted by: CTBSend Email

The XL12 was the first WW canoe I used. I felt very comfortable in the boat, because it is not very edgy, so it allows for mistakes. I am not sure about the rolling ability because the one I paddled had bad thigh straps, and no foot blocks. I found the boat to be pretty maneuverable, especially eddy turns. The boat is not too stable, but with proper balance itís no trouble. I now paddle a Viper 11 because i wanted a shorter, more maneuverable boat.

08-26-1999
Submitted by: JKLSend Email

Very manuverable for river running, but very wet. Needs to be deeper. Roylex cracked almost on first run, and company would only send a fiberglass repair kit. Not particularly easy to roll, but nowhere near as hard as the XL 13.