Product Reviews > Accessories > Deluge Kayak Sail Rig Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Deluge Kayak Sail Rig

Rated: 7.25/10 Based On: 4 Reviews

Research Boat Accessories / Boat Outfitting in the Buyers' Guide!

07-04-2001

While it took a while to figure out, I took the sheets and attached to sail with very small stainless snap links which makes it easier to sail and store. Th little extra weight spreads the sail quicker in light breeze. Rather than install on deck I install between my knees and use like a wind surfer sail in big wind. With good rudder work can easily get 10 degrees past a broad reach if wind holds steady. A great "extra" accessory.

06-18-2000
Submitted by: Scott SeeSend Email

Excellent down-wind sail. The Deluge rig is easy to set up and use however does take a little practice to learn how to position the sail in relation to the wind. Saves a lot of energy on the long trip home. I found I could still brace while using my paddle as recommended as a "boom". A lot of fun!

06-18-2000
Submitted by: Siscily

I had no "delugions" about my Deluge sail rig. I think it is everything the company says it will be. I've had great fun in all sorts of wind and water, including a nine mile straight sail in Biscayne Bay. I do not see why one would want to rig the lines on deck....the sail would not be spread to capacity. I have used the clips and my paddle for the sheets AND have put the paddle behind my back, where, if the wind is strong, it remains nicely for the trip, I have also held the sheets by gloved hand and been able to spread the sail and catch good wind. The whole rig is so portable and easy to use & store as well as and fun. I think that is the point of the whole design. It is a good toy that always arouses interest among other kayakers. I always recommend it. sail away.......

07-21-1999
Submitted by: Tom GerenSend Email

The quality of the gear is fine but the design sucks. It's not for cruising at all. You want the sheets on deck, not on the paddle. I've had to rerig mine totally. A poor value for the price.