Product Reviews > Kayaks > Venture Kayaks > Easky 15 LV Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Easky 15 LV Kayak by Venture Kayaks

08-14-2013

Bought this boat 2 years ago to use on lakes and tidal rivers, and have been very happy. I am too light (135lb and 5'10") to easily handle the regular 15'. I love the handling of this boat - can edge it, turn it, handle powerboat wakes, etc. It does have weathercocking issues in wind, that are only partially overcome with the optional skeg. My husband, whose sense of balance is not as good as mine, and who is 180lb but the same height, finds it tippy, but my son, 5'3" 110lb finds it just fine.

The seat is comfortable for my usual 4-12 mile trips (with short bathroom breaks). The bow and stern compartments are not completely watertight, but only took on a little water even when I was in a rescue practice daylong class that involved deliberately falling out of the boat many times.

So secondary stability is good, but primary stability not quite as good as a heavier or wider boat, but it doesn't bother me at all.
This boat is not as easy to handle on twisty turny narrow rivers, where most people are using 10' boats.