Product Reviews > Kayaks > Sea Eagle > Fast Track 465 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Fast Track 465 Kayak by Sea Eagle

Fast Track 465 Kayak by Sea Eagle

Length: 15' 0" - Width: 36.00" - Starting at: $1199.00
See More Details about this Kayak
Sea Eagle Logo

03-12-2014
Submitted by: VinceSend Email

As soon as I saw this boat I knew it was the one. I knew the skeg, keel, and high pressure floor would make for a very decent handling flat water kayak. I always wished for such a boat. This kayak handles 90% as good as a hard shell and is darned fast too.

The two of us paddling can easily cruise at 3+ mph which is impressive for an inflatable. Our fiberglass kayak was not even a full 1-mph faster when cruising (which is most of the time). Top speed (all out) on the fiberglass was about 1.5mph faster. So this one does have it's limit but 3+ mph cruising is fantastic for an inflatable.

If you want the very best handling, fastest lake or sea kayak this is the one you buy. We think the 15' size is best for two full sized adults. It's comfortable and floats nice and high. We are glad we did not get the 12'.

We also like the inflatable seats because you sit up a little higher. I highly recommend this boat. If you want a deep, high capacity, cargo inflatable canoe get a Kaboat. If you just want to paddle and explore get one of these. We have both.

I've had several inflatable boats, kayaks, and hard shell kayaks since 1984. This one is way up there on our list of favorites.
They finally figured out inflatable kayaks.

08-05-2013
Submitted by: BrianSend Email

Just got a SeaEagle 465 Fast Track and love it. I also have an Ocean kayak and was surprised at the ease of use of this inflatable. Paddling was easy and with the detachable skeg, it stayed true while paddling in a local river. I was surprised at the ease of set up and also the speed.

Comparing times of hauling out the hard shell kayak, mounting it on top of the car, and then taking it down, the SeaEagle wins hands down in time use. Another aspect to the Sea Eagle that I could not find in similar hard shell kayaks was a weight capacity of 795 lbs. You can pack your whole house in this thing.

PFD Buyers' Guide: