Product Reviews > Kayaks > Sea Eagle > Fast Track 465 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Fast Track 465 Kayak by Sea Eagle

Fast Track 465 Kayak by Sea Eagle

Length: 15' 0" - Width: 36.00" - Starting at: $1199.00
See More Details about this Kayak
Sea Eagle Logo

07-03-2014
Submitted by: Christian OrmanSend Email

I spent the best part of last winter researching kayaks. Our application is a bit unique. We have a Springer Spaniel, we love to camp, and we have a Corvette C5 coupe, (the coupe lets us throw the pooch in the back). The goal was to combine the three. Oh, we also like to take our mountain bikes, making it four. I need to mention I'm heading toward 70,but my hot wife is younger at 56.

The first thing I did was to purchase and restore a Bunkhouse tent trailer. We tow it with the Corvette. I built a bike rack that bolts to the camper tongue and holds the dismounted bike wheels as well as the two bike forks. The bikes ride securely on their mounts and hard top of the camper.

We considered conventional kayaks but there isn't any way to carry hard sided kayaks and two mountain bikes in this very cool but very small camp trailer. I have a motorcycling friend who used to be a backcountry guide in Montana. Joe suggested looking at inflatable Kayaks.

After much research we decided on the Sea Eagle 465 fast track. I can't tell you how glad we did. If you have one, or if you have read the reviews you know what a high quality kayak the is. February is cold in Washington state but Sea Eagle was having a great promotion,then when I talked with a very knowledgeable Sea Eagle representative I was told we had a 180 day trial period. In other words, if we didn't like the kayak or we just didn't like the activity, full refund, no questions asked, period.

We took a chance, got it in a hurry, set it up in the living room and instantly were blown away with the ease of set-up and the high quality. We couldn't wait to actually try it. Our first adventure was in Whitefish, Mt. We can't believe two novice kayaker's can have so much fun. I need to mention, I'm a non swimmer so the stability is very important. Molly, the pooch can launch off the bow or the side after a tennis ball and be hoisted back in without disrupting the kayak at all.

We are so pleased we would recommend the Sea Eagle 465 Fast track to anyone who is looking for a great activity, needs an easily transportable vessel, loves a fast stable pace that can carry over 700 lbs. The long sleek profile and the ultra-durable construction are just bonuses. It is no wonder Sea Eagle can offer a 180 day trial period + a 3 year warranty.
We may even sell our Glastron Bowrider this is so much fun.

03-12-2014
Submitted by: VinceSend Email

As soon as I saw this boat I knew it was the one. I knew the skeg, keel, and high pressure floor would make for a very decent handling flat water kayak. I always wished for such a boat. This kayak handles 90% as good as a hard shell and is darned fast too.

The two of us paddling can easily cruise at 3+ mph which is impressive for an inflatable. Our fiberglass kayak was not even a full 1-mph faster when cruising (which is most of the time). Top speed (all out) on the fiberglass was about 1.5mph faster. So this one does have it's limit but 3+ mph cruising is fantastic for an inflatable.

If you want the very best handling, fastest lake or sea kayak this is the one you buy. We think the 15' size is best for two full sized adults. It's comfortable and floats nice and high. We are glad we did not get the 12'.

We also like the inflatable seats because you sit up a little higher. I highly recommend this boat. If you want a deep, high capacity, cargo inflatable canoe get a Kaboat. If you just want to paddle and explore get one of these. We have both.

I've had several inflatable boats, kayaks, and hard shell kayaks since 1984. This one is way up there on our list of favorites.
They finally figured out inflatable kayaks.

08-05-2013
Submitted by: BrianSend Email

Just got a SeaEagle 465 Fast Track and love it. I also have an Ocean kayak and was surprised at the ease of use of this inflatable. Paddling was easy and with the detachable skeg, it stayed true while paddling in a local river. I was surprised at the ease of set up and also the speed.

Comparing times of hauling out the hard shell kayak, mounting it on top of the car, and then taking it down, the SeaEagle wins hands down in time use. Another aspect to the Sea Eagle that I could not find in similar hard shell kayaks was a weight capacity of 795 lbs. You can pack your whole house in this thing.