Product Reviews > Kayaks > Old Town Canoe > Predator 13 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Predator 13 Kayak by Old Town Canoe

Predator 13 Kayak by Old Town Canoe

Length: 13' 2" - Width: 33.50" - Starting at: $1299.00
See More Details about this Kayak
Old Town Canoe Logo

09-30-2013
Submitted by: JKSend Email

Old Town really thought this one out ... Some features are subtle but smart like the accessory panels so you don't put holes in the boat. Others like the seat stand out with more of a WOW factor. The seat is mt favorite because I can easily spend 8 hours on the ocean and not be in pain. The one way scupper plugs are also brilliant. It is not a boat that gets off the line quickly so if you do surf launches and landings like I do it takes some time to get the timing down.

Once you are moving it has no problem keeping up with other boats in its class i.e. Trident, Tarpon etc. Stability is second to none. I pulled a 24 lb. Halibut on my 2nd trip out and felt comfortable gaffing and pulling the fish onto the deck.
Highly recommend this boat - worth every penny.

08-05-2013

I have used my Old Town Predator 13 three times now and I love it. While I will not win any races in it, I bought it for fishing, not racing. It is the most stable kayak I have ever been in. I do not have any trouble standing in it. The seat can be used in the high or low level or folded back if you want to stand.
I am almost 60 with arthritis in my hip and I have no trouble getting in and out. My husband likes it so much, he is getting one for himself.

New York Kayak Co.: