Product Reviews > Canoes > Grumman Canoes > 1950CS Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for 1950CS Canoe by Grumman Canoes

Rated: 8.5/10 Based On: 2 Reviews

Length: 19' 0" - Width: 40.0" - Starting at: $2164.00
See More Details about this Canoe
Grumman Canoes Logo

07-30-2013
Submitted by: AEBSend Email

My family has owned our 19' flat back Grumman for at least 15 years after buying it off of an elderly gentleman who bought it new in 1968. This has to be the most stable, workhorse of a canoe ever. Yes, it's a staggering 120 pounds and paddles like a barge but that's what it is! On several occasions, I have had 5 200 pound plus people in it and it handled it like most canoes handle two!

If you need to haul lots of people and gear, need a bomb proof canoe, and don't need to portage, this is the canoe for you!

07-29-2013

I have owned or rented almost every kind of boat imaginable. A few years ago I bought a Grumman Freighter canoe. It's the perfect boat. I can motor, sail, row or paddle it with a load of people or solo. Other than rinsing the salt off there is no maintenance. We use it in open water or secluded shallow rivers and Bayous. I wish I had bought it 50 years ago.