Product Reviews > Kayaks > Perception Sport > Sunrise 100 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Sunrise 100 Kayak by Perception Sport

07-31-2014

Very nice beginner kayak. I've been out a few times with friends and decided to get a yak of my own. Saw this on sale at EMS for $299 so I grabbed it. Very lightweight and easy to load on top of my 2010 Outback. I'm 5'6", 135 lbs and have no trouble getting this on the stackers by myself.

Tracking is comparable to the Old Town Loon 111 I had previously rented, which isn't bad for a 10 foot yak. It will drift a bit once you stop paddling, but stays straight with minimal effort. I'm still working on technique so I think that speaks well for the boat. It's light (and so am I) so it does get moved around by the wind. Plenty of storage space front and rear, but no dry storage, so have a dry bag. Foot pedals are adjustable. Nice seat for the price range, though my bony butt did get a little sore after a few hours.

Overall I'm very happy with this kayak, seeing as it's my first one. Will probably upgrade to a 12-13' rec or touring yak in a year or two.

07-29-2013

Great kayak for the money. The Sunrise tracks well in the water, is light weight and comfortable. With adjustable foot pegs for the proper fit. I would recommend this kayak for lakes & ponds- not fit for the ocean. All in all, a great buy and great kayak.