Product Reviews > Kayaks > Old Town Canoe > Heron 9XT Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Heron 9XT Kayak by Old Town Canoe

Heron 9XT Kayak by Old Town Canoe

Length: 9' 6" - Width: 28.50" - Starting at: $449.99
See More Details about this Kayak
Old Town Canoe Logo

07-29-2013

I bought the Heron 9XT because I wanted a small and light kayak that I could easy take out on the water by myself. It has a large cockpit, larger than others I looked at which makes it very easy to get in and out. The larger cockpit also lets you easily stretch or change positions while you are on the water. The seat and knee guards are comfortable and having a sealed stern hatch is a bonus. It is very stable.

The kayak is a shorter than many. This is a trade-off. The shorter length makes it light and easy to get on the water but it also requires a little more skill to paddle in a straight line.
It does not come with any chords to tie down gear (except for a paddle holder). I plan on adding some myself later.

Paddling.net T-Shirt Sale: