Product Reviews > Kayaks > Current Designs > Kestrel 120 X Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Kestrel 120 X Kayak by Current Designs

07-11-2014

This is a follow-up on the Current Design Kestrel 120X roto. I bought this yak over 2 years ago. Still no major flaws. I'm 6ft 210lbs and this is the most comfortable yak I've paddled. Very stable, paddles easy. Has a great glide, even when windy. I let a couple of smaller people use it. Everybody who used it loved it. Even the ocean yakkers were impressed. The Kestrel has the best seat in the business.

02-12-2014

Having owned two previous boats (Pungo 120, Patriot 126), the Kestrel 120X continues to impress me with it's great combination of stability and speed. Whether I am out on the river/ocean paddling thru rapids or choppy waves, this kayak gives me an exciting kayaking experience along with the confidence that I won't tip over. I feel extremely safe in this boat. Current Designs has a winner here in the Kestrel 120X. It definitely rates a 10!

07-26-2013
Submitted by: Eugenia R KennedySend Email

Current Designs advertised the boat as weighing 41 pounds so I was please to find something I could handle turns out it is closer to 50 pounds than 40 but the cockpit is a good size. I did find it felt pretty tippy when I first started out in it, it has a smooth round bottom, soft chime, turns well but I did tip it over easily. Best thing about this boat is the seat, VERY comfortable but the back pad keeps coming off and I have to slide it back on. I plan to do something different about that, put a cord that can be tightened around it.