Product Reviews > Kayaks > Pelican International > Pursuit 80 X Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Pursuit 80 X Kayak by Pelican International

Pursuit 80 X Kayak by Pelican International

Length: 7' 9" - Width: 28.00" - Starting at: $219.99
See More Details about this Kayak
Pelican International Logo

07-17-2014
Submitted by: soozndSend Email

Great lightweight kayak for kids and smaller adults! I got this little gem as my first kayak. I wanted a kayak less than 9 feet long so I could easily transport inside my small Honda hatchback. Gave it an 8 because it lacks foot pegs, but found a set of pegs online and a neighbor installed them in less than an hour. Now it is complete. I am a 65 yr. old female and can easily move this kayak myself.

07-03-2014
Submitted by: Greg V

Purchased this boat for my young sons (ages 7 and 5) during a sale at Dick's Sporting goods. It was sold as the Pelican Vortex 80DLX Kayak, but looks like the same specs as Pursuit 80X.

We've been very pleased with this so far - my boys were able to paddle this immediately with ease. It turns very quickly, so kids had to get used to compensating with a paddle stroke on opposite side to track straight. Stability is good and suitable for young kids. Drain plug at stern is a nice feature. Weight is very manageable (~20 lbs) and my boys are able to carry it easily.
Recommended, especially if you can find it on sale.

07-26-2013

I purchased my Pursuit 80x kayak by Pelican 5 months ago. The Pursuit 80x retails for $250. I paid $150 at an Academy Sports in southern Georgia. It did not include a paddle.

The only difference between the 80x and the 80 is that they add an adjustable seat back and stretch cords, though the back is comfortable. Both versions include a molded cup holder at the front of the seat. The kayak is light (26 lbs), and has plenty of leg room (I'm 6'0".)

I have spent at most four hours in it with only two short breaks and had no discomfort. It paddles well in calm or moving water. It's length makes turning easy, but keeping straight is entirely up to the paddler as it tends to turn on it's own. There is no storage hatch, nor paddle holders, but there is a molded paddle rest on which to place holders. With space to spare, I've installed my own hatch.

The simplicity and size make this kayak perfect for beginners, or for anyone who wants a small kayak for going anywhere.

Rendezvous River Sports